• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Music 123 Pricing Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
superviking805
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Music 123 Pricing Issue Reply with quote

Music 123 Pricing Issue

I was looking to buy a Harmon mute on the Music 123 website. The website has the option to list by price and I see the mute I want Shop New:$26.99. When clicking on the link the price is $30.99. I try reload the page and even reloading IE but every time the Shop New:$26.99 comes up. I email Music 123 using the Low price Guarantee link and a copy of the http address.
I received this response:
Message from Erin S:
Thank you for your e-mail -

When looking at this price to verify it on our website we are only showing the mute for sale at $30.99. Unfortunately, we cannot find where this particular mute is listed for $26.99. We do appreciate your interest in our company. If there is anything further we can assist you with please feel free to e-mail us or call us at 1-888-566-6123.

Thank you -

Customer Service

No big surprise, the website now shows this price.
OK, so it is possible I did access an old page but I am very confidant I was seeing a current listing.

Question; is it likely Music 123 corrected the page and does not choose to honor the listed price?

Now I have to decide if I want to order from them, still a good price but I no longer trust the company.

D.M.
Santa Barbara
TrumpetMD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they show a range of prices for the same item, or a lower-than-normal price, it may be that the cheaper price is for a "scratch and dent" version. There's usually a tab you have to select for the "scratch and dent" item with the lower price. And once the "scratch and dent" item sells, you'll no longer see it on the web site.

I've found Music123 to be very fair about pricing. They even did a price match plus an extra 10% when WWBW (which they also own) had a lower price on a mute I purchased from them.
Ed Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't it a fact that many diversified conglomerates are now dba under many different names and the naive consumer is blindfolded about this.
Isn't it about time that the ICC requires some disclosure regulation on interstate businesses for such? It even becomes worse when some are just franchised operations ... a false competition scenario. I refer you to P.T. Barnum's renown quotation, parphrased, " A sucker is born every minute ..." See also Musician's Friend (same ownership).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: