• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

K&M flugel stand with a Dillon flugel?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, talking about a dead horse ...

I read somewhere, either TH or TM?, that some guy reported that the black rubber bumpers on the Spyder stands leave marks on the inside of a silver plated horn. I never read this complaint anywhere else on the web. I like the Spyders a lot -- so fast to set up / tear down, super-light, convenient.

But, I bought the K&M stands because they felt a little heavier, and just a tad bit more stable than the Spyder -- I compared my Spyder to shofarguy's K&M and this was my conclusion.

Tim, very interesting/creative idea: switch out the K&M trumpet legs for a K&M flugel legs. I might have to try that. Man, you've got all kinds of creative ideas, don't you!

Have a great weekend, all.

Herb
Schilke 17& 17D4d4 trumpet mpcs
Schilke 17F flugelhorn mpc
shofarguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 leg K&M stands for both of my trumpets and my flugelhorn. I have never seen a more stable platform to hold and protect my horns. BTW, the legs are the same on both applications, the cones are the only thing that is different.

For my Wild Thing trumpet, I needed to add 1/8" cork to the cone. The stock felts allowed the bell to contact the legs of the stand. I added a padded ring to the top of the cone to keep the horn straight on the stand.

The flugelhorn works fine on the stand as is. The issue with flugels is not that the horn is low, but that the mass is more off-center, so the horn wants to tip over. The 5 leg K&M has a very wide footprint that is hard to tip.

Brian

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb Trumpet in copper
Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn in copper

There is one reason that I practice: to be ready at the downbeat when the final trumpet sounds.
Bill Hicks
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first Spyder stand in 1976, still using it today. Never a problem. I own 5 of them now. I pulled the rubber tip off one and use it for the picc.
American Music Theatre 1997-2008
Big Band Nostalgia 1990-2010
www.billhickstrumpet.com
michael_bxl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Does this stand (K&M 152/40 Flugelhorn Stand) fits Yamaha 8310zg flugelhorns ?

Do you have any experience with it ? I've read one or two review complaining about the fact that it was too small for some Yamaha flugelhorns, but I have not found clear informations.

Thank you !

Edit : I bought one. How to explain... it fit perfectly, but if I put the horn not slowly, or if I push if a little bit, the stand get kind of stuck. So for the Yamaha, it is ok, but it could have been 2 mm smaller or the pad could have been 2 mm thicker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: