Buescher Super 400 T160N
|Placed: Jul. 31 '21: 5:33 pm Views: 386 |
|Share this item|
|Item photos - click to enlarge|
|Buescher Super 400 T160N|
Pro-level horn. Built in 1960. Great valves. Solid compression. Large bore at .470.
Buescher trumpet serial numbers:
About this time Selmer Purchased Buescher
This would place the build in 1960, or about three years prior to the Selmer purchase, which makes it still a professional-level horn.
• tiny ping on lower side of 2nd valve
• tiny ping on top 3rd slide knuckle going into valve casing
• small “crease” dent near just above the “9-o’clock” position near bell rim
• some other tiny dings on bell
• some lacquer loss
I am guessing that the “N” on the leadpipe in “T160N” stands for Nickel.
I am also guessing that since they offered it with a "Special Bell” or “Brass Bell,” that this is the former, and that it is nickel silver (60% copper, 20% nickel, 20% zinc). There are also sections of tubing that are clearly nickel in contrast to other sections that are brass. The receiver is also nickel on this particular horn.
Unique features of Buescher valves:
• “hourglass” expansion at bottom of each casing
• purple springs (extra set included)
• red plastic valve guides
• (looks to be) stainless steel valves
• “reversed” threading on valve tops and bottoms from most other manufacturers
• “valves from heaven” is what the collector from whom I bought it told me. They are. Super smooth, buttery, responsive.
• solid compression on this horn
Original case. Springs are shot but latches still work easily.
$825 via PPFF (or add 3%) shipped to CONUS
More information on this item..|
Category: Bb Trumpets
Item price: $825.00
|Username: dstpt||[view all ads from dstpt]|
|View registry entry for dstpt||View forum posts by dstpt|
|Member of TH since: Wednesday, December 14, 2005: 10:16 am|
Last visit: Saturday, November 27, 2021: 11:11 am
|Anti-fraud notice: you can and should check the links above to this user's forum posts, registry entry, and site join date to aid you in judging the credibility of this offer.|
Notice: scammers have been known to frequent this site at times. TrumpetHerald.com recommends the use of an escrow service such as escrow.com for safe internet transactions.
Please read this notice.