• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Any other Bach 5C users out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_DIRT_MAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a comeback player making a mouthpiece and trumpet change. I had always played on a 7C clone until I got the new trumpet which came with a stork xms6 which I found too shallow. I like the sound I get with the Bach 5C, is much better than I ever got on my old horn with the 7c, but am finding the range and endurance factor a lot more limiting right now than on the old 7c. I think I tried to do too much too fast with the 5c the first time around and got a sore lip. I gave it a break for about a week and plan to give it another trial run and see if my endurance and range pick up in a couple of months. Any more suggestions from any of you out there who actually are playing on or have experience playing a Bach 5c?
AverageJoe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that I had the same experience when I switched from a 7c to a 5c a number of years ago. If you like the way the 5c feels on your face, I suggest trying out the Yamaha 14C4. To me, it felt and sounded just like a 5C, but it was much easier to play. I don't know how it compares from a measurement standpoint, but it really felt identical to a 5c on my face, and the psychological connection is much more important to me than knowing the specs.

If you want to try a different feel , maybe try out a 3c. I know the inside diameter is slightly larger, but the cup is slightly less deep than a 5c, and the rim contour is a little more flat. The feel of the 3c has never worked for me, but I really like the sound.

Hope this helps you out.

Paul Poovey
LFRoberts5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to LOVE a Bach 5C. Then I found GR Mouthpieces. I now play a GR 65MX and a GR 65MS. Both are similiar to the Bach 5, but, infinitely superior.
Johann24

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a gold rim Bach 5C for a few months now and am in love with it. I haven't had any trouble with range and endurance coming from a Bach 7C megatone--on the contrary, I've been enjoying improved range and endurance (not to mention a better sound). I love it and am probably going to be sticking with it until I feel it's time to move on to a bigger piece.

My 2¢

University of Rochester, Class of 2010
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: dbacon on 2003-09-25 11:40 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: