• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 5C similar to Yamaha 14c 4 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_DIRT_MAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else out there have experience with these two mouthpieces and how they compare. I'm still working on trying to break my lips in on a 5c. I'm pretty well convinced that this mouthpiece is in the ballpark of what fits my lip and gives me the tone I'm looking for but seems like I'm going to really have to work at range and endurance on this piece. Things are pretty much a strain up around g sitting on top of the staff right now. I'm a comeback player , formally played on a 7c clone and need to switch mouthpieces to get a decent tone out of the new horn I have. Someone else on this forum suggested that the yamaha gave him the same feel and same tone but played easier. Anyone else find that to be the case? Thanks.
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Yamaha 14B4 will make the range a little easier and still have a great tone. (The cup volume will be closer to your 7C-clone). One came with my Z-horn and I like it almost as much as my GR pieces. Yamaha mouthpieces seem to be very consistent.

Sounds like you need to work on some whisper-soft middle-line Gs to free up your lip a little more. (I tell everyone that, BUT it's true).

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: