• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Good Music and Science Colleges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
concertcflat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I'm looking for a good Music/Science college, preferably Astronomy and/or Physics. If anyone knows of any good colleges for stuff like that, I would greatly appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you live in California from your location description? Do you want to stay in California, or would you go to school out of state? If you're looking for schools in California, then I won't be much help because I don't know, but there are plenty of people here on the herald that know CA schools. If you're not limited to staying in state, Rice University in Houston, TX has a great academic reputation as well as a great trumpet teacher. Marie Speziale came from Indiana University and from what I've heard is a wonderful teacher!
fortissimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northwestern University is excellent for both those areas. Of course I'm a little biased because I'm a student there, but it's generally acknowledged to be one of the best trumpet schools around, and has a great academic reputation. In fact, there is a special program that might interest you, that is five years long and allows you to earn both a B.Mus. degree and another degree in a "normal" field. You have to be accepted into both the music school and the arts and sciences school, which is no small feat, but it's worth checking out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: