• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Black Lighting Valve Oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I just thought I'd give everyone an impromptu review/head up on a not-so-stellar product. Not too long ago I purchased a bottle of Dr. Dan's Black Lightning valve oil (in a nifty spray bottle) to try out, compared to wh at I had been using (Pro-Oil hybrid). I did the thorough valve cleaning because I knew the whoel don't mix synthetic/regular oil. Unfortunately, BL is not a very good oil. While it makes the valves quick, it does not last at all. It seems like every 30-45 min. I need to give my vlaves another shot of the stuff, its very annoying. I was really expecting better results, and am sorry to be so let down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel any oil that can be sprayed on is too thin of a viscosity to fully lubricate or coat the valves and casings. Even the trombone slides need an original coating of the slide-o-mix grease and just rewet it with spray. --Just my thoughts.

"May the good sound be yours!"

"Always remember to blow into the proper end of the horn!"-circa. 1900 (Harry Gardoon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel any oil that can be sprayed on is too thin of a viscosity to fully lubricate or coat the valves and casings. Even the trombone slides need an original coating of the slide-o-mix grease and just rewet it with spray. --Just my thoughts.

"May the good sound be yours!"

"Always remember to blow into the proper end of the horn!"-circa. 1900 (Harry Gardoon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may well be correct my friend, I just thought the bottle would be convenient...ok, I admit, not even that, I thought, "neato-burrito!" At any rate, it doens't work. I was going to try to throw other brands of oil in the little spray bottle, but you make a good point, they may be to thick to spray on. Adios for now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: