• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Heavy Bottom caps on Yamaha Horn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpeternick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried heavy bottom valve caps on a Yamaha? Bad or good? Where could I acquire some?
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouthpiece Express has some Curry heavy caps that will fit a Yamaha. I put them on a 6335HGS once and couldn't tell much of a difference, although I did detect a little difference. I no longer play that horn. I just got a Yamaha 8345S Xeno and I am not going to put heavy valve caps on it because I don't think it needs them. The new Xeno has caps that are a little heavier than the old style had. I guess it would depend on which model Yamaha you have.
Martin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new set of Curry #1 CCaps in silver plate which I don´t need anymore.

I sold the Yamaha before I could evaluate how they work, but I did try them on an pre-UMI King Silver Flair.
It made a world of difference: The heavy caps noticeably improved slotting and projection. Worth a try, IMHO.

You can have the set for $ 25 including shipping (PayPal only, please). It comes in the original box, complete with 3 brass washers, the 3 original O-rings and an additional set of 3 spare O-Rings.

The #1 caps fit a lot of horns, BTW: Yamaha, UMI Benges, Holtons, the aforementioned pre-UMI king Silver Flair and also a large bore Kanstul Burbank I once had.

Drop me a private message if you are interested.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: