• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

chin movement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da_roadrunner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have noticed that as i articulate my chin moves almost violently in response. also, sometimes when i am slurring the same thing happens. i don't know if this is a serious problem, but i feel that my attacks are suffering because of it, and i would like to eradicate it.
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to say without hearing you but some of my students do this [subconsciously] in an effort to create a safe initial attack structure, and then YAW the note into a more open vowel sound immediately after the attack. This tends to happen to my legit students more than the jazzers.

Cure = lip buzz/mpc buzz some simple tunes. It seems to be more difficult to YAW when doing this and it eventually goes away. Another one, is lots of fast single tonguing at mezzopiano or less [sec line g]. Hope this helps...

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
hazmat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the last post. If you ever happen to take a voice class, such as if you are in a music school, you will notice that many people sing the same way. Try singing your part and see if your chin moves. Or have someone watch you, videotape it, etc. Many players that play that way also sing that way. So if you do then try eliminating it from your singing first. I will be a tough habit to break. Just be conscious of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: