• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Swing Music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickyboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody know a good place to get swing charts for free? Ive got the urge to play swing for some odd reason but cant find it anywhere.
hazmat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know of anywhere to find swing charts for free. But there are plenty of resources to get low cost charts. Look for fake books and such. If you want to play along, Jamie Aebersold has one of the best series out there (Of course though, it's not just swing, it's all types of jazz). It comes with an accomp. CD.

If you do find charts for free chances are they are illegal (because most of the authors died less than 70 years ago) or they are demos for new songs or for a new publisher. But I'm not saying the illegal charts aren't out there. The question is do you want them. I know then whenever I download music and such or pdf files I always end up buying if I like it. If I don't buy it chances are I don't like it so I delete it anyway. But that's another topic. Sorry, I ramble a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: