• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Adam teachers in Holland or Belgium?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any Adam teachers in Holland and/or Belgium?
Clarion Wind
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the guys in Europe closest to you. It will still be more than a day trip I imagine unless you want to drive a lot of hours in a day round trip. Of course I have never driven it myself so maybe I don't know. Here ya go.

Bob Platt - Berlin
Jimmy Polivka - Munich
John Trillio - Germany
Paul Terracini - Denmark
Karel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Clarion,

I think I have to study without a Adam teacher; the nearest for me is still a eight hours car drive! Maybe Pat is coming to Holland one time!!! Until then I go on with reading this forum and listen to great players!!
Jonny Boy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karel,
You could always do what I did, and save up your money and go and see Mr Adam himself.
I went to Bloomington for two weeks last April and it's the best thing I ever did. I'd been reading this forum and practising all the ideas on it but nothing is anywhere near as good as having lessons with Mr Adam. I was unhappy with my sound for a long time before I got to see him, even though I could tell when a sound was good or bad. Hearing him play caused something to happen, not just with the sound I made but with the detail I heard and imagined sound. Now when I practise, I can vividly hear the sound I'm after and the trumpet has become so much more fun to play.
Had it not been for the fact that my idols were/are Adam students (Jerry Hey, Charley Davis, Gary Grant) and I could see that his method was tried and tested, I probably would have given up on the Adam thing, because I thought I knew what a good sound was, but was still struggling. But After just one lesson with Mr Adam I knew I'd be doing this stuff for the rest of my trumpet playing days!

[ This Message was edited by: Jonny Boy on 2003-11-13 09:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Jonny Boy on 2003-11-13 09:42 ]
Karel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonny Boy,

Thanks for your advice! I think it's quite impressive to stand in front of the man who has teached all those great players. I hope that I be able in the future to make such a trip to the USA.

Karel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: