• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Specific Christmas Piece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazmat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright here's getting a little specific. I need a piece for a postlude at a Christian Christmas Mass. It needs to be big and bright.
The instrumentation is simply a trumpet, organ, and choir. If you can't think of any with choir, then go without.
My guess would be that "Joy to the World" is probably the best bet for this but I'm willing to take any suggestions and where to get the music.

Thank you
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a post a while back on a Bb piccolo piece that is pretty cool. Here is the link to that post:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=13742&forum=15&18

If you look at my initial post, you should see this link: http://jefowler.tripod.com/HandelGloria.mp3

If you right click it and say "Save Target As.." you should be able to save it to your hard drive and listen to it. You could probably start at the quicker sections if you want something big and bright for picc and organ. If you listen to it and you want the music then email me or private message me and I'll send you both the organ part and the Bb piccolo part.
hazmat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, I forgot to say...

It can't be for a picc trumpet because 1. I don't have a picc and 2. I haven't learned to play one yet.

If the organist wants to play it I'll just belt it out down the octave. And yes, I'm being serious.

I can transpose fine though so anything in the normal range on an odd trumpet should be fine. And I do have a C trumpet thank God.

I just wouldn't want to butcher the piece by taking it down the octave but I might possibly.

BAC Trumpet 2002
Hartt School of Music

[ This Message was edited by: hazmat on 2003-11-22 19:10 ]
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I transcribed the Empire Brass (or Canadian Brass?) trumpet part. It was on pic, but I played it on my C 'cuz that's what I had at the time. Pretty cool, pretty fast, and provides a nice fanfare interlude and good harmony with the choir. Also, check out what stewmuse (I think that's his TH username) is offering -- he does some great things!

FWIWFM - Don
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Zimmerman and the King's Brass have some great arrangements. Joy to the World (his version) works great for this.
ta,ta,ka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out a new book for trumpet and piano and/or organ published by Curnow Music Press, sold by Hal Leonard, entitled Great Christmas Carols. These are 10 arrangements of Carols that were written for, and performed by Phil Smith (a demonstration and accompaniment CD is enclosed). The book features 5 or 6 different composers, and the arrangements are diverse and well done (and can be played by high school level on up). Curnow Music Press has other books that are similar as well. Go to
http://www.curnowmusicpress.com
ta,ta,ka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just checked http://www.curnowmusicpress.com I see that the book is so new that it isn't even listed. There are some other Christmas books there as well. The Phil Smith new Great Carols is available though, I have it myself, and plan to use it this season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: