• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My New Eclipse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shofar Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know alot of the Eclipse guys have left, but I just have to tout my new horn.

It is a Medium Red-brass Bell with a Scratch Lacquer Finish. It looks beautiful, and sounds great! It's warm and mellow in the middle and lower registers, and bright and loud in the upper register.

Once I get some decent pictures, I'll post 'em! Anyone who really wants to see it can email me, and I'll send the rough pictures I've got.

Thanks alot, Leigh! Another job, well done!

Rob
Numbers 6:24-26

Eclipse MR, Scr. Lacquer/Schilke B3/Benge MLP
baker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob, congratiolations to your new Eclipse.

I tested a few from Gary and jarrett at Thomans.

Really great horns.
It is really a pity that they have left the forum. It was always interesting to hear new informations about new horns like the Eclipse.

I wish you happy days with your new horn and let us know, how you get accustomed to it.

I really would love to see a few pictures.

Give some greetings from me to Gary, if you see him

Best wishes

Henning
Wiseman Case
trumpetal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you well with yours for sure. For those who haven't tried one, do it. It's one incredible horn. Resist the tendency to over blow it when you first get one. They project incredibly well with little effort. In spite of their power, they are quite sensitive horns which respond to very subtle nuance.
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Rob!

Great choice, and nice finish! That's a highly valuable Trumpet Section that you guys in Bamberg have... colorful, too! Please be sure to give us some more feedback about your Medium Red Eclipse trumpet, when you have time. Thanks, Rob!

trumpetal, great to hear that you're lovin' that Large Red! It IS a beautiful horn, in every way, and it's just as you describe it. (I do miss it!) Thanks!

Best always,
Bruce
lonelyangel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, I'm just one of the guys in the UK who was very loath to allow Leigh to let that horn go! It is awesome - a near perfect blend of warmth and projection. Actually it sounds very similar to the large red but has a more focued and compact sound - maybe a little more resistance, which is just the way I like it.

In the end I couldn't resist the medium heavy red as my second horn. It has a darker, denser tone than yours with firmer slots and greater projection and, whilst it is very powerful when played hard it reatains it's matt overtones in the upper register and provides me with the greatest contrast to my medium yellow in scratched gold. I would be happy to play it in any situation of course but I am intending to use it mainly in small jazz ensembles and in orchestral situations.

By the way Bruce, I was lucky enough to spend five hours at the factory with Leigh and Jon today. I took my good friend, Kevin Robinson (Simply Red, Incognito, Jazz Jamaica Allstars etc...) and he fell in love with , and bought on the spot, the first large copper Eclipse! I know you haven't seen one of these yet but it is an indescribeably beautiful instrument - grace, power and prescision - out of this world, a truly remarkable creation - it will blow you away!

I'll try and get some help to post some pictures.

Noel.
bent trumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank Bruce Lee, and let everyone know how helpful Bruce was with my purchase of an Equinox. The horn is so much fun to play, and it sounds great. The horn arrived very soon after ordering, and I am quite impressed with the construction and unique design. The only regret I have, is that I wish I would have ordered the horn with a lever water valve on the leadpipe. I never cared much for those amado (sp?) push button water keys.

There are very few horns that I can remember enjoying as much as the Equinox.

Thanks Bruce.
Pedro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is really a pity that they have left the forum. "

I read this from the Thread and I've not been on the site with much frequency lately.

WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bent trumpet,

Thank you, it was my pleasure! You chose my favorite horn... the Equinox. It's very nice to see some great feedback about it!

One suggestion for use of the amado water keys is to blow gently through the horn, while emptying the water. Part of their advantage is to promote better airflow. Blowing air briskly through the horn, even with the amado key open, tends to move the water further along the tubing. I hope that helps.

If you have some time in the not to distant future, I'm sure that everyone would appreciate hearing more from you. Thanks again!

Happy Holidays!
Bruce
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way Bruce, I was lucky enough to spend five hours at the factory with Leigh and Jon today. I took my good friend, Kevin Robinson (Simply Red, Incognito, Jazz Jamaica Allstars etc...) and he fell in love with , and bought on the spot, the first large copper Eclipse! I know you haven't seen one of these yet but it is an indescribeably beautiful instrument - grace, power and prescision - out of this world, a truly remarkable creation - it will blow you away!"

I'll try and get some help to post some pictures.

Noel.

Hi, Noel!

Leigh had sent me pics of Kevin's trumpet... another masterpiece, in scratched gold/nickel silver trim/and the initials KR nicely added to the tuning-slide bow.

Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that it might be nice to see a "before" picture of Kevin Robinson's trumpet. The Eclipse Copper Bell/Copper Leadpipe model.

Buzz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bent trumpet
Veteran Member

Posted: 2003-11-19 14:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to thank Bruce Lee, and let everyone know how helpful Bruce was with my purchase of an Equinox. The horn is so much fun to play, and it sounds great. The horn arrived very soon after ordering, and I am quite impressed with the construction and unique design. The only regret I have, is that I wish I would have ordered the horn with a lever water valve on the leadpipe. I never cared much for those amado (sp?) push button water keys.

There are very few horns that I can remember enjoying as much as the Equinox.

Thanks Bruce.

Bent Trumpet:
I know the feeling about wishing it had regular water keys. Rolling the horn (French Horn style) helps me to get rid of the water that collects in my Equinox. It is a beautiful horn, and my favorite horn, but I find that water collects in it like no other horn. Do you have the same experience? I use the Equinox exclusively because of its flexibility and dang it... it's just fun to play, huh? (My other horn is the best Bach 37 ever made, and I never touch it. Sad, huh?) Have fun with your Equinox. I'd love to see a pic of it.
Meg
Everhigher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel:

At least in the visual aspect, I agree enthusiastically with your assessment of Kevin's horn. You fellows surely enjoy the greatest good fortune in having Leigh's work so very accessible!

Bruce:

Thank you for procuring and posting pictures of this trumpet. It looks to be an absolutely spectacular instrument, both in conception and execution. I ache with envy. Some day . . . .

Regards,
Al Pickard
Horn of Praise
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Leigh used the same "font" for the KR initials as he did for my PN initials. Nice touch!!!

All the best.

Monette B4LD - Blue Juice
http://abel.hive.no/trumpet/artist/friedrich/seminar/caruso.html

[ This Message was edited by: Horn of Praise on 2003-11-30 06:55 ]
kerouack
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have now my gold larg red, . i was missing it.
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shofar Man
It is a Medium Red-brass Bell with a Scratch Lacquer Finish. It looks beautiful, and sounds great! It's warm and mellow in the middle and lower registers, and bright and loud in the upper register.

Once I get some decent pictures, I'll post 'em! Anyone who really wants to see it can email me, and I'll send the rough pictures I've got.

"Home-grown" is fine with pictures! Thanks, Rob!

Happy Holidays!
Bruce
Shofar Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bruce.

The picture looks great. Maybe I should get a website so I can post pictures myself. Thanks alot for your help!!

Rob
Numbers 6:24-26

Eclipse MR, Scr. Lacquer/Schilke B3/Benge MLP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: