• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Courtois Professional Trumpet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHS_Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-12-10 17:44, Krafty934 wrote:
Thanks a lot but would you suggest I buy it. I can play up to E above high C on good days and up to a high C everyday. Will the trumpet hinder my ability to hit those notes on it. Right now I'm still playing on my beginner Bach from 6 years. Thanks again.

It won't get rid of the range you already have, when I say high extreme high register, I'm thinking double A and up. I'd also like to tell you this, assuming your new to the forum, people love to diss these horns and a lot of the other horns that look like monettes, just because they look like monettes.... A lot of people don't even give them a chance because of the looks, I personally think they are beautiful horns and I know they sound great. I played mine with wynton and he had nothing but comments on the sound. Good luck and I hope you end up with a winner
OldKid
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At $2000 you'd better spend some serious time auditioning these instruments. Both instruments have got to be pretty good to be selling for $2000 and the company staying in business, somebody must be buying them.
King (early 50's) Super 20 B1.5C
Pocket Max B1.5C
Arban's
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-12-11 06:32, Trptbenge wrote:
Other horns you might try are: the Callet Jazz, the Wild Thing, Yamaha's Xeno and Bobby Shews Z horn. Selmers new horn - I believe it is the TT model is getting great reviews. The new Conn Vintage one is a fine horn as well.

Anyone that likes the Schilke X3, B1 and S series horn would likely also find the Selmer-Paris Concept TT. With a unique bracing scheme and leadpipe design, Selmer captures the responsiveness and resonance of the Schilke tuning-bell horns in a heavier horn with secure bracing.

Dave
Mark Bradley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Courtois trumpets, has anyone any experience with their "regular" looking trumpet, the 305 model? Brasswind (wwbw.com) sells it.
PatchesTheCat
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always advocated a trip to dillons or Washington Music to try out horns to find what works for you. When addressed with X or Y as a choice I will always say choose the one that works for you. I am assuming if you are at that point then you have tested these brands.

Now faced with any decision where the choice comes down to manufacturing quality I will have a tendency to go with the better standards. I'm not saying Evolution models don't work right. My aim is merely at my experience with the Leblanc Horns (mainly T357 models). So if someone interjects Leblanc vs. Schilke I will likely answer Schilke and have some real fun with my response.

I did mention that the Evolution is a much heavier horn and will respond differently than a lightweight Schilke. For someone to say a Schilke can't be heard is absolute nonsense. Tell that to Roger Ingram, Bill Chase, Lin Biviano, Jon Faddis, etc etc etc.

The sounds on the two instruments in question are radically different, so what is the poster aimed at playing? I have my first non-jazz gig approaching on Christmas Eve. I'll make sure to bring my big mouthpiece and I'm sure it'll go just fine. Our bodies figure out how to make the sounds we need. Equipment just makes it easier sometimes. So I'll back off my air so the extreme projection and responsiveness of the beryllium bell will be toned down.

Just Try some horns.

Regards.
Krafty934
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: