• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Valves on my Olds

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the chief
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.

Put a dime in each of your bottom valve caps. Most likely, the oil is not binding to your valves due to a worn casing. If you notice oil shooting from the bottom of the valves when you press them, then you have the same problem I do.

The dimes will keep the oil inside the valve casing. You may also want to use a grime-gutter for the remaining oil. Every now and then, tip your horn upside down to re-distribute the oil on the valves.

Seems to work for me, but I suggest you clean the valves/casing consistantly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
merf
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far so good. cleaned them with the flitz and then applied two drops of alysyn on each valve. they are quicker. we'll see what happens when i play more. i did try some clarke characteristc studies, the valves were fine. before, i was lucky to make it a couple measures without having to stop. i did stop several times but that was to catch my breath. i will post again in a couple days once i work the valves a little. thanx to those who posted for the ideas. i am still going to try to get my hands on some zaja oil.

merf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: