• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How much to practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetchops
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play every morning for about an hour. When I'm not playing at night I practice about one half hour in the afternoon. When I can I will again practice at night.

My question is, when I am playing at night (for a job) how much should I play during the day?

I have found that if I don't play in the morning I don't play well at night. I am always afraid to play in the morning because I will get tired at the job.

Any ideas?
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you somewhat answered your own question. If you don't play well at the gig without playing in the morning, you need to play in the morning! The main thing is to make sure you don't over do it. If you normally practice an hour in the morning, maybe limit yourself to 40 minutes on those gig days. I would say just make sure that you feel fresh when you're done with your morning session. As long as you don't kill yourself, your chops will recover for the gig. I hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: