• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Its a Scam (I think!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to direct more attention to the auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2371150326&category=16214

Check out the "Getzen 3916 vs. 940" Pic comparisn thread for my reasoning-or heck, I'll just retype it-the pics from the Getzen website with the current 3916 and this auctioned off Canadian Brass one are the EXACT same, down to the shadow-save the auction is roated counter-clockwise. As I said in the other thread, I can't afford to start the e-bay habit, so could someone kindly report it, or direct me to where I should report it to be looked into?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dmb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent quite a bit of time browsing ebay and have seen many sellers use a picture from a website rather than taking their own pics. Alot of people don't have digital cameras...or their cameras won't take quality pictures.
I personally wouldn't buy anything that expensive from someone with a zero feedback rating, but that's just me.
But, atleast this guy is registered in the US and accepts PayPal. I believe most of the scammers were registered overseas and would only accept cashiers check or money order.
I guess the guy who bid on it will find out in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWuX9zPJWyY
-----------------------------------------------
Olds
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on the other thread as well .....Contrary to what I want to think ... I believe this guy is actually legit. I emailed him asking about the intonation of the horn and how the heck he got it from Jens ... he emailed me back and I got his name ... Ryan MacGavin. So I immediately did a search on ole google.com and came up with ...

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/4336/personal.html

.... and his story matched up verbatum. He says he is more in to the Business of Music Administration and does not use the horn much anymore. I think he has another Kanstul Pic though but he didn't say that. Just thought you guys should know.

He also said that the horn does play a little flatter than most piccolos.

Hope this helps.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, my apologies. I just thought the 0 feedback, same picture bit was sketchy-I should have done more homework.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well who can be sure these days? This guy seems pretty legit though. I can't tell you how many outside Ebay emails I get of someone having a bunch of New York Bach Strads in Mint condition and I can get a bulk discount if I buy a bunch.

Gotta love those!
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: