• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Schilke S22C and bach Stradivarius questions (Price, crook e

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello my fellow trumpeters. I have some questions for you cause I'd like to hear your opinion on it:
1. Does anyone knows anything about Schilke S22C trumpets? Their tuning, sound control, stabillity, are they any good etc.
2. S22C can be ordered with B-flat slides. Any thoughts about that? Tuning etc...?
3. Why Bach trumpets price is going up? or is it only for special order trumpets (#37G,leadpipe #7, rounded crook, in gold).
4. Does anyone knoews the price of standard Bach stradivarius model and the price of just rounded crook.
5. What is the advantage of rounded crook?

Thanks for your time, and help.
All the best from Croatia - Europe
WFUnix
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I have a Schilke S22C. I was hoping going for the S series rather than B series would give me a darker sound to be closer to a Bach. Honestly I haven't played a B series C trumpet so I don't know if it is darker or not. Mine plays very well in tune for a C trumpet but still does not have as dark of as sound as the Bachs. I used it in orchestra in college and enjoyed it.

2. I have never used Bb slides made to lengthen a C trumpet, but have only heard bad things about them. Supposedly the intonation is bad.

Hope this helps.
PatchesTheCat
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to putting Bb slides on a C trumpet--> I would not. The intonation is very funky. My friend throughout high school was an excellent trumpet player and got a bad rap for intonation on his Bach C converted to Bb. They all went away when he went to a normal Bb. I played that horn and found oddities in the intonation as well.

I do not customarily play C trumpet so I really cannot comment on everything else.

Regards.
MoeTheCat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play an S22CL and I can tell you it is one of the finest playing instruments I have ever encountered. The intonation is outstanding. E and Eb on top of the staff may be played with normal fingerings (unless playing very loudly, then I reccomend 12 and 23).

The sound quality is beautiful. I have no trouble blending in orchestras with Bachs or other makes, for that matter. It also projects beautifully.

What I like best about the instrument, is the blow. It's not like other C's I've played. It feels closer to a Bb than a C, as far as resistance is concerened. I highly reccomend the instrument. Play it side by side with any other C trumpet and you will feel and hear the difference. (be sure to test the B and E scale on any C your are considering).

Hope this helped
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: