• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Gig bags, cases, and others...Oh my

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelaststop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that the topic of which bags/cases works for everyone else seems overdone, but I still have a few questions.
I just got a C trumpet in addition to my Bb, so now I'm looking for something a little different (I currently have a Ritter gig bag, holds 2 trumpets and all accesories). I've been looking at Bach (does anyone know where I can find pictures of a Bach double case? I've yet to find some), Wolfpak (double and 2.5), Ritter, Reunion Blues (all multiple trumpet bags), and others. So I'm looking to find something to hold both horns, music (Arban!), 1 or 2 mutes, and possible a small folding wire stand.
How sturdy are Reunion Blues' bags? Are they pretty typical of gig bags? I've heard that gig bags in general can sometimes bend horns.
The problem I keep finding is that a case is protective but doesn't seem to hold a bunch, and gig bags hold a lot but I'm worried about protecting the horn. Price really isn't an issue. Any advice?

I would also like to say that of all the different trumpet forums I've been looking at, this is by far the best.

Thanks!
pocketrocket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Price isn't an issue

Wiseman cases from what I've heard and seen seem to be the thing. Lots of other people on this site like them. It will be my next case purchase when I can afford my C trumpet.

http://www.wisemancases.com
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Wiseman here. I have one of their triple cases - incredible.

Howard Wiseman is a great guy to do business with, very helpful and will go out of his way to fulifill your needs when it comes to interior colours and customisation requirements.

Should you go for the Wiseman route, for a 10% discount, quote - FH592. I know you said that price wasn't really a consideration, but it's always nice to get a little taken off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: