• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What's up with the YTR-2335's pricing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my Yammaha student model, here, that's my learning horn. I got it for $450 new (not "like-new" but new) from Manny's in NYC about three or four years ago.

But almost everywhere I look online now, the 2335 goes for $800-$850! The absolute lowest price I've seen in the US is $640, although European dealers seem to have it for much cheaper, about $500-600 USD.

I'm just curious...did Yamaha jack up the price, add something to the newer 2335s, or did I simply get a really good deal from Manny's?
rebelatheart
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha (and many others) restricts their dealers to a minimum advertised price (MAP? or something like that). They can sell it for whatever they want ($450) but they can't ADVERTISE it for that price. If you call the dealer, you can find out their REAL price. I believe yamaha does that with most all of their entry level student instruments. Call around, I believe you'll see what I mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: