• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

anyone know this seller on ebay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark125
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please look at this ebay trumpet listing and see if you might know who this seller is.
They have several horns for sale. The auctions all end at exactly the same time and the feedback of "5" is all for buying and not selling.
It looks kind of strange to me to have all of the listings ending at the same time.
They also have a zeus trumpet with a gold trim kit and the original silver parts included starting at 400 and is up to 455 now.
I think it also looks strange to start the bidding at 400 on over 1000 dollars of horn with no reserve on a 3 month old perfect condition horn.
Mark
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41400&item=2371890493

[ This Message was edited by: mark125 on 2004-01-13 09:13 ]
_gmdean
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His buys were all trumpet gear, my guess is that he's a guy that owns a shop and has just started dealing via ebay.
You could email him with a sensable question about one of the horns and see what comes back.
Mark
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he specializes in trying to pick things off cheap with one "User ID" and then sell them for more under a different ID (which makes sense if he's trying to protect his "professional reseller" status from buth buyers and sellers)
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tootsall...what are his two ebay ID's?
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I buy and sell but with one ID "jophst"

Marek does this but with two ID's ... accept he soley does it to make a profit ... you would know his ID as hotdeal1smoko although he buys his horns under "coolhorns" .

If I make any profit on reselling my acquired equipment, it is usually only enough to cover auction costs and PayPal fees. I get lucky only on rare occasions .... buying and selling that is!!
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaynardProdigy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can anwer the question about how his listings expire all at the same time. He probably uses an ebay tool called Turbo Lister. This program allows him to list all of his items then upload them simultaneously to ebay. Therefore, having the same ending time for all items. I use it all the time.

Not that strange to me.

Silver/Gold Bach Stad 43
81' MF ST-302
51' Olds Super (LA)
631 Yamaha Flugel
***Working on***
Yamaha Xeno
Martin Committee
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying he does use two...just that it is possible that someone might want to do this. If you take some of the users who "trade" in horns, buying and selling, it is logical that they might wish to conceal their "seller" identity when buying so as not to create undue interest in their proposed purchase. Likewise, if they are selling, they might not wish prospective buyers to know how much (or little) they paid for the object in the first place.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that he would have used "Turbo Lister" to list all the auctions at the same time and at a specific time. I downloaded it but have never used it. I would think that it takes just as much time as it does to do it manually through Ebay. If I had 1000 DVD's to sell, then I would consider it a valueable tool.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: