• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Callet vs. Schilke,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the main differences between these two manufacturers and their horns?

I see that the Callet horns are selling for a fairly high price on Ebay so I was just wondering how Callet horns stack up against the Schilke line of horns.

00 Schilke S22
77 LA Benge 5X
63 Burbank Benge C

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from knowing"
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are very high quality horns. Callet Horns are made by Kanstul for Lee Adams. I know he goes over each horn and makes any slight adjustments - if any are necessary. The Callet Jazz/Symphonique is one of the best horns around. It has a conical bore that starts at a medium bore and expands to a large bore. This unique trumpet design makes the horn have a great sound throughout the players range & makes it a great playing, stable trumpet in the upper register. I think it is one of the best designed and built horns around. The Stratosphere is a .460 bore that provides a little more resistance. The Callet C Trumpets are well respected, great playing horns. I believe they are being used by the Houston Symphony.

Schilke, of course, has a long respected history in building trumpets. Their quality and tolerances are legendary. Reynold Schilke made many contributions to our knowledge of trumpet construction. So, they have a lot of history behind the horns. The new owners seem to be committed to maintaining this quality. Schilke has a pretty wide range of instruments - bores, bells and weights to meet almost any players needs. It is hard to find a better built horn then a Schilke. I currently have a B7 (medium bore and a large bell) which I love. I hope this answers your question.

Mike
ARB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, that's great information and just what I was looking for.

00 Schilke S22
77 LA Benge 5X
63 Burbank Benge C

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from knowing"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: