• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Actual Natural Trumpet Makers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kang-ling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Actual Natural Trumpet Makers Reply with quote

I am very interested in having something better then my home made natural trumpet made with copper.
Who makes affordable (non holes) natural trumpets? ((the 6000€ Egger I can't buy..)

The same goes for historic mouthpieces: I saw that Josef Klier (JK) makes probably the cheapest baroque trumpet mouthpieces: 87€ and there are 8 models, but they look much smaller then Egger's Bull model......(what's a good measure to start with? )

www.myspace.com/markusbreuss
loudog
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for a true natural trumpet (no holes)?

Check out Norwich...their instruments are fantastic. I'm actually switching to one from my Egger as my main instrument.

https://norwichnaturaltrumpets.wordpress.com/prices/

Also, check out Michael Münkwitz...fantastic instruments. His Birckholtz trumpet is amazing!

http://trompetenmacher.de/en/

Also, check out the International Trumpet Making Workshops, put together by Münkwitz, Bob Barclay, and Richard Seraphinoff. It's the best cost/quality natural trumpet you can get. I love mine, and it plays great!

Best,
Louie
Associate Professor of Music
Hastings College
plunkett
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you aren't in a hurry, I HIGHLY second the recommendation for the natural trumpet making workshop in Bloomington, Indiana next summer. When I did it (about 12 years ago), Michael Munkwitz was actually one of our "helpers". You will end up with a superb instrument, learn a LOT, and make some new friends. It's well worth the price of admission (although it's almost doubled from when I took it!) even if you add in travel and lodging costs. Here's a link:

http://www.seraphinoff.com/itw/content.php?p=naw

Good luck!

Pat

P.S. I had mine silver-plated at Anderson a few years after I made it - you can see it in my avatar.
Gabrieli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the French guys, who play real natural trumpet without holes, use instruments by Graham Nicholson, who lives in Den Haag.
He also makes historical mouthpieces of course.
Contact him by mail:-
Graham.Nicholson@inter.NL.net
He can be a bit slow replying sometimes.

Markus Raquet has also made natural trumpets for top players but I am not sure if he is still making as he works full-time restoring brass instruments for the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nuremberg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: