• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

PAYMENT METHOD ON EBAY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly experienced on both buying & selling on eBay with over 300 transactions....but I need your help with something. Actually, my question is two-fold...(1) how would you pay someone for an item that lists one of their payment options as "you can also pay using my personal visa/MC/Amex account? The sale seems to be from a private person NOT a music store; (2) additional payment methods are MO/cashiers ck...NO paypal...and the seller has "0" feedback....would you take a chance on this auction or not? Unless #1 above would work there seems to be NO recourse if something goes wrong. What would you guys/gals do?

Thanks,
BW
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would not take a chance with this. I would even be reluctant to give them credit card information for fear of fraud.

If you are able to arrange to meet them in person to exchange a money order for the goods in a public place - maybe.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay clear of this as well just to protect yourself. This mainly being that the seller has NO feedback. Even speaking to the seller would not make me feel at ease in a situation like this. I recommend the Money Order/ Personal Check option. He shouldn't have any reason not to accept that ... even the personal check with your good rating.

Be cautious my friend.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MUSICandCHARACTER
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run into a similar situation once or twice. I asked the seller if he/she would be willing to sign up for PayPal. It is easy, and cost about the same a taking a credit card at the store. Tell them you are interested, but with no rating PayPal has some insurance. The other option is escrow. If they will split the escrow costs with you, then there is little risk of send a money order to the escrow company.

If they say no to these options, stay away.

M&C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: