• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen deluxe 80 cornet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any know anything about this horn?

It appears to be a older student verity of their current cornet's.I just picked up one on EBay for $152 bucks and wondering what I should expect from this horn?
What do most of these Cornets sell for realistically?

Thanks in advance for your help.
airlite66

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your horn. I was eyeing that one myself but decided to pass. I too was curious about it but could find nothing on any Getzen sites. If you do find out anything about them, please post. I'd like to know myself. While I don't own any Getzens I've played several and have always liked them. However, I always hated those damn Amati style water keys that all Getzens have. Yours has conventional keys which is in itself reason to pick it up. Probably from the 60's. Enjoy!
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have played a few Getzen horns and always found them a small step below a good professional grade horn but not that far.

I am curious as to how well this horn plays myself.I think I got a outstanding deal on it for $152.If nothing else I might try and make a buck or two on it if its not my cup of tea.

I remember playing a cornet the school had 20 years ago and remarking how easy it was to blow air through it.I am hoping that this one is the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: