• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mystery to Mastery new WindWorks Course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg Spence
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Mystery to Mastery new WindWorks Course Reply with quote

Hey all, it is a long time since I have been around here but not from being slack I can assure you.

To address many of the questions about MTM, we have developed a new course that steps you through, in detail, what it is all about – namely efficiency, confusion resolution and ongoing development and refinement.

I concede that some of the approaches may be confronting and fly in the face of the mainstream but I think we can all agree that there is no one single approach to playing that works for everyone.

The Singing C Series we have developed is really hip, check it out.

Other new concepts include “The Body’s Concert Hall” “aRRRRticulation – the 4 r’s” and “Passive Reduction” just to name a few.

You can try the Largo Status Stage for free for a week by clicking https://mysterytomastery.com/windworks-sign-up/

Existing MTM ebook users are automatically given lifeltime membership to the Largo Status Stage of the WindWorks course.

Your eBook login is now on the WindWorks Dashboard. It will all make sense when you see it. Please take a moment to check it out.

It is super exciting and we hope you have as much fun working through it as we have had developing it.

Best Wishes and happy trumpeting,
Greg Spence.
Harry Hilgers
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery to Mastery new WindWorks Course Reply with quote

Greg Spence wrote:
Hey all, it is a long time since I have been around here but not from being slack I can assure you.

To address many of the questions about MTM, we have developed a new course that steps you through, in detail, what it is all about – namely efficiency, confusion resolution and ongoing development and refinement.

I concede that some of the approaches may be confronting and fly in the face of the mainstream but I think we can all agree that there is no one single approach to playing that works for everyone.

The Singing C Series we have developed is really hip, check it out.

Other new concepts include “The Body’s Concert Hall” “aRRRRticulation – the 4 r’s” and “Passive Reduction” just to name a few.

You can try the Largo Status Stage for free for a week by clicking https://mysterytomastery.com/windworks-sign-up/

Existing MTM ebook users are automatically given lifeltime membership to the Largo Status Stage of the WindWorks course.

Your eBook login is now on the WindWorks Dashboard. It will all make sense when you see it. Please take a moment to check it out.

It is super exciting and we hope you have as much fun working through it as we have had developing it.

Best Wishes and happy trumpeting,
Greg Spence.

Hello Greg from Colorado,

I have also been away for a while (don't you hate when life gets in the way of the important things ), but now I am back on the horn again.

I am looking forward to check out your new web pages.

Meanwhile I have learned that 100% truth about "Learning the Trumpet"

Quote:
........ there is no one single approach to playing that works for everyone.

Amen to that.

Yes, I do still remember, and adhere to, the pointers you gave me during my private lesson with you in Golden Colorado and the pointers during the Masterclass at the School of Music of the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.

Those pointers have been invaluable.

Well, break time is up. So now I am off to your new website.

https://mysterytomastery.com/windworks-sign-up/

Cheers my friend, and please stay well.

Harry
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of dozens of books (method and pure prose) acquired over several decades, having an exceptionally good formal music education (the education was good, my application of it, maybe not so much) and a quest (over the past several months) for lessons with some highly-regarded teachers (and, I've got another one scheduled for Thursday evening – tonite), I've been really appreciating MTM, lately. That said, one of the best trumpet lessons of my life was live with Jeff Smiley (Balanced Embouchure) late last year. BE explained by Jeff is a joy to experience.

I've spent a few days with a sneak peek at the new WindWorks pages. The material has been refined a bit and the production of the videos is much improved over the original MTM. I've spent only enough time to get thru the first (Largo) level but I find tremendously valuable information and explanations there. A lot of it is simple – but it's not simplistic.

Greg might not have invented or discovered anything but he puts it together and explains/demonstrates it with clarity and the genuinely enthusiastic heart of a teacher.

I was talking with Rex Richardson a few hours ago (I'm at ITG) and when Greg's name came up he set his horn down in his lap to be able to give “two thumbs up.” Talking about the original MTM videos and having seen Greg present in person, Rex mentioned something to the effect that the material is basic and logically progressive.

I was talking to Jim Manley a couple of months ago and Jim is all over MTM.

With the new WindWorks course possibly looking to supplant MTM, I'm not sure how much longer the free MTM videos might be available on the MTM site. If you scroll down on the Home page, you'll scroll past lots of videos but at the very bottom of the page, under MENU, there is a Beginner Series, an Intermediate Series, and an Advanced Series.

Lots of info there but the new, interactive WindWorks material probably goes further and deeper.

-Denny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: