• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arban Manual-Hooten edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Arban Manual-Hooten edition Reply with quote

Hi everyone;
I am happy to announce that we now offer the Arban Manual for the Carl Fischer/Thomas Hooten edition.
And we still have a 25% off sale! Use code JULY25

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cdec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
What is the difference between the versions?
Isn't the content the same?

Thx,
Chris
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The content is the same, but the Hooten version is a bit nicer to the eye. By that I mean a study might be spread out over two pages rather than one.
JoeLoeffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only nicer to the eye if you like the way that computer engraved (generated?) music looks. E.g.. Measures stretched way out turning things like the arpeggio studies from one line into two, one page characteristic studies into two, at Cetera. That is part of the reason all of the page numbers changed (along with removal of much of the historical commentary...) I wish they would have taken all of the unnecessary staccato markings away...

However, it looks much better than the last books printed from the final runs from the last set of traditional printing plates. They were super smeary and awful to look at.
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and there are many more errors including wrong key sigs. And every copy I've seen has fallen apart including the spiral bound where pages fall out.
With some students I've been using St, Jacome because the new Arban is such a frustration.

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: