• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mpc size to start a 3rd Grader on

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a beginner, doubt it really matters. We all started on 7C's back in the day and personally was a sophomore in high school before I changed, and that was because there were two mouthpieces in the case with the used cornet I got for my birthday.

There are two working players who play in the band I do, who get some good gigs from various churches in the area, everything from praise band to contemporary to traditional liturgical. They are both also semi retired band directors.

They both play 7C's, and use them for everything.
Since all other motives—fame, money, power, even honor—are thrown out the window the moment I pick up that instrument..... I play because I love doing it, even when the results are disappointing. In short, I do it to do it.” Wayne Booth
dershem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a shelf full of mouthpieces, and let new students goof around with them to find ones that fit their faces. If they are comfortable, they will spend more time with the horn in their faces. But if they find one they like, we talk about it, to see if it's something specific they like, and we can go from there if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: