• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tonestro music app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokomal1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject: Tonestro music app Reply with quote

I'm still learning to play the trumpet, and I've been using this self-learner app for just over a week now(my music teacher told me yesterday that he sees improvement). The app allows you pick your level from beginner, intermediate, advanced etc. There are several modes - campaign, challenges and they will release a PvP mode soon, and since they offer a free trial for their tonestro plus(the premium version of their app), I decided to share it with you since I currently love it.
nikyfreaky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Tonestro music app Reply with quote

kokomal1 wrote:
I'm still learning to play the trumpet, and I've been using this self-learner app for just over a week now(my music teacher told me yesterday that he sees improvement). The app allows you pick your level from beginner, intermediate, advanced etc. There are several modes - campaign, challenges and they will release a PvP mode soon, and since they offer a free trial for their tonestro plus(the premium version of their app), I decided to share it with you since I currently love it.

I have never used it, but I might give it a try. It seems to me that it is focused on classical music, I guess if is suits your style it wouldn't damage your playing, as you need to acquire basics first. Try not to skip the teacher's visits though, and if he says it is helping you it most probably is helping you.
Where did you get that free trial, cant see it in the website?
kokomal1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Tonestro music app Reply with quote

nikyfreaky wrote:
kokomal1 wrote:

I have never used it, but I might give it a try. It seems to me that it is focused on classical music, I guess if is suits your style it wouldn't damage your playing, as you need to acquire basics first. Try not to skip the teacher's visits though, and if he says it is helping you it most probably is helping you.
Where did you get that free trial, cant see it in the website?

I'm absolutely not stopping my teacher visits, but I just want to practice more often.
Im not sure about the trial, I think you had to send them an email requesting it.
Rapier232
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems odd that two new members join and both mention an App.

Smith-Watkins Bb
Will Spencer Bb
Eclipse Flugel
Smith Watkins K2 Cornet
JP152 C Trumpet
Besson Bugle
mrhappy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapier232 wrote:
Seems odd that two new members join and both mention an App.

Looks like a 10 euros/month kinda deal. Haven't checked out out closely. Might be of interest even if it IS a 'sneak attack'!
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. 'surpass Louis Armstrong'. 'Don't pay a thing'. 'Practice professionally'.

The best is,

'be the best trumpeter there is without having to leave the cozy spot of your couch and to pay for private lessons'.

Sure... a resource is just that, a resource. It doesn't see your chops, your breathing, your enthusiasm. This app implies it does everything a live (or video conferenced) teacher does.

I call B$ on that.

cheers

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: