• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Martin Committee Model Serial #

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Committee Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to track down the date of my Committee Model. I think that I have it narrowed down to between 1939-1940 but want to be sure. The serial number on it is 133556 (the valves also have this on them).

Would anyone be able to verify this information for me or point me in the direction of a list. It is a very nice piece and I am looking for all the possible information on it that I can find.

Thank you for any help you would be able to give me.

Dave P.
Seattle, WA

PS. I bought this at an estate sale for $35 from an older gentlemen who was the original owner.
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a list published here a while back, 1940 would be correct.
Committee Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply!
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously got a "deal". The model you have is the Handcraft Committee. If it has a "2" stamped on the middle valve casing along with the serial number then it is the medium bore which is more common than the "3" or large bore. The Handcraft also has the standard type spit valves and nice engraving and nickel silver slide tubes as i remember. The bell taper is similar to the later Committeee bell. They play similarly as well. Nice horns, well made. I have had a Handcraft Committee and a Handcraft Imperial too. Liked them both. Enjoy.
Committee Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the info that you have given me. I am positivie that there is a 3 under the serial number. There is some wear on the laquer where you hold the trumpet and a very very small ding just after the mouthpiece. All in all it is very good shape.

I am going to sell this trumpet. I can play it, but would feel better knowing that someone else is using it, and can appreciate it for what it is. I bought it about 10 years ago when I was in highschool and playing in the band, and have been storing it since then. It has the original case, 2 mutes (I believe to be original) and a play book as well. There are 2 mouth pieces with it (not sure of the numbers). I did play it the other night and was happy to see that it still worked great.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Dave P.
Seattle, WA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: