• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

10 Truths of Playing the Trumpet

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I want to get into this debate, but Herm Edwards was an All-Star defensive back for the Eagles.

Thanks fro the update, NYC. He was also a great assistant coach under Tony Dungy, who was an assistant to Chuck Knoll, that may have contributed to his top level coaching skills. It's too bad he had to be so good that he got a head coaching job and we had to lose him in Tampa Bay.

My point was more geared to disassociating coaching skills from strictly performance skills. There are lots of great players that wouldn't have a clue how to coach.
Sixaddict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i don't disagree with you bugleboy... many great players would be horrible coaches. But that isn't to say that a great player can't be a great teacher/coach. Wynton is both. He has dedicated a good portion of his proffesional life to educating, and not just trumpet, but music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: