• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

auction dynamics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_Starry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: auction dynamics Reply with quote

Last edited by B_Starry on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting isn't it. However, those bidders likely did not see it for sale here on the TrumpetHerald, otherwise they may have picked it up. Also, I believe his reserve is somewhere near $1100 or so. So, he may be getting a bit more than he was originally asking.

Nothing wrong with that!
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,auctions are a good way to sell a horn.Buyers bare a certain responsibility when buying and often times can get taken.

I try to ask all of the right questions before I bid.I set a price of what I think I should buy it for and lock it in with a sniper and let the chips fall where they may.Several times I have woken up and was surprised that I won a horn.

Sometimes you just catch people asleep at the wheel and you get a good deal.

Yesterday I wasn't paying much attention and let two Bach's slip out from under me.They were sold in the $700 price range.

Next time!
wardsd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe many auctions do better if the starting bid is low. I think if it is high, people decide right away they don't want to spend that and don't watch it. If it starts low, more people watch it looking for that good deal and it builds momentum.

Steve
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camel Lips:

You will find that most Bach Strad Bb's go in the $700-$750 range. On rare occasions, I see them go for $500-$600 and sometimes even lower. I picked up a very nice Bach Strad cornet off Ebay one time for $250. Like a dumby, I asked the seller if the price was correct .. and he said, of course... why? Is it too high? Without a hesitation I used the "Buy Now" feature before he could figure out why asked him that.

It's hard to say how that vintage Bach 68xxx that ended yesterday would play like. It's also hard to say what horns sold by pawn shops play like as well. It's all a gamble. That particular Bach may have gone for more if the original case was included rather than a King case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that.

We seem to be watching two different ebay's then.As of the last two months most Bach's are selling well above the $900 mark and into the 4 figures.

Strange but true.

I agree that $500-$600 bucks seems like a fair price but you just don't see to many Bach strads going for that.

I paid $899 for a Bach the other day and it is suppose to be like brand new made in 1990.

Its on the truck for delivery today.I will give a full report on it later.
Lawler Bb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Interesting conversation you have going here............OH WAIT, you're talking about my auction!!

Yeah, it looks like things are going well so far. I just might get it sold for more than what I posted here a while back. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, I just wanted to cover the eBay fees and such. I figured I would get more exposure on eBay. I did just get an interesting email from the United Kingdom regarding my auction, but I'll lay low for awhile. If something gets fishy about it, I'll let you know. Plus, I just got a new horn, so this one has to go.
www.instagram.com/milwaukeetrumpet/
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it looks like she's gonna sell. Congrats. I wish you would sell the HeavyBell Bach though, I would love to get a hold of it. Beware of those tedious UK emails .... he may be trying to get information out of you to relist your auction. Just delete it and move on my friend.

Today alone, I have gotten at least 10 emails to buy horns "at discount cheap price" outside of Ebay. I can even get a discount if I buy in bulk! What a bargain!! But what would I do with 10 Schilke P5-4's?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: