• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Monette turnaround times

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early 2018 I ordered 3 mpcs. One was a standard weight prank G piccolo. It had to be made to order, but it took over 6 months to arrive, despite a lot of prodding, and arrived with a lightweight blank. It works fine, but I was a little peeved, as I was then told they never make them in standard weight. Despite the web site still saying it...

Open some pop scorn, sit back and make sure your Netflix subs are up to date. You have some waiting to do!
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six months???

I wonder how long the wait is for a horn.
fredo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Thompson music has the mouthpiece of your choice it is very fast to get it.

I ordered from them several Monette pieces, great service.
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple guitar pedals with ridiculous wait times (over a year). The resale market has skyrocketed due to that fact. Each pedal I've purchased (only through resale) just to see the hype, I've resold myself. I always go back to a few cheap pedals that do the trick for me.

Similar to that story, a Curry 3C has always been a go to for me when I'm tired of burning cash.
woztone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching this thread for a couple days. I haven't felt the need to chime in on anything here for years, but I wanted to clarify some of the information/speculation posted here.

I'm a horn builder, repair person, and the final assembly manager at Monette. Contrary to popular belief, we are a very small company. There are only 9 of us, including Dave. Each of us has a very specific job, which means we have one mouthpiece maker working full time. He also machines most of our custom horn parts.

This is on purpose, and it is definitely not for the sake of creating exclusivity or for making larger profits. It's so that we can make the best products possible with unmatched accuracy and consistency. That's all!

The costs of our mouthpieces and horns are a true reflection of the amount of time we really do take to make them so that they can play to the high standards that we continually set for ourselves. Our average cost per hour on horns and mouthpieces is $65. Everyone at the shop is extremely passionate about what we do, and I hope that it shows in our finished products.

If you have any questions about what we do, what mouthpiece would work best, what you can expect with a mouthpiece or horn order, or any other questions at all, please call the shop or shoot us an email.

I want to urge everyone on this site not to speculate about what we do. Just contact us and we will tell you! You can also set up a time to come visit the shop to try mouthpieces/horns and see it all for yourselves! Dave is always interested in one-on-one work with clients. Whether you are a professional or an amateur, young or old, world-famous or completely aloof from the trumpet world, he will take the day to work with you.

Our phone number is 503-255-5552

Our general communications email is STC@monette.net

BJ is our customer relations manager and mouthpiece consultant. He will answer questions concerning mouthpieces, mouthpiece orders, repair work, and visitor scheduling. His email is BJ@monette.net. It may take a few days for him to get back to you, since we get hundreds of inquiries each week, but he will always take the time to respond meaningfully to each and every email.

I hope this post helps to clarify a few of the topics covered in this thread. If it doesn't, please contact the shop. We're more than happy to help!

Also, we are in the midst of updating the website! It will reflect our current horn model list, mouthpiece information, horn owner FAQ's, etc. This has been a long time coming, and you will be able to see continuous changes to the site in the future. Check it out at Monette.net
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woztone wrote:
I've been watching this thread for a couple days. I haven't felt the need to chime in on anything here for years, but I wanted to clarify some of the information/speculation posted here.

I'm a horn builder, repair person, and the final assembly manager at Monette. Contrary to popular belief, we are a very small company. There are only 9 of us, including Dave. Each of us has a very specific job, which means we have one mouthpiece maker working full time. He also machines most of our custom horn parts.

This is on purpose, and it is definitely not for the sake of creating exclusivity or for making larger profits. It's so that we can make the best products possible with unmatched accuracy and consistency. That's all!

The costs of our mouthpieces and horns are a true reflection of the amount of time we really do take to make them so that they can play to the high standards that we continually set for ourselves. Our average cost per hour on horns and mouthpieces is $65. Everyone at the shop is extremely passionate about what we do, and I hope that it shows in our finished products.

If you have any questions about what we do, what mouthpiece would work best, what you can expect with a mouthpiece or horn order, or any other questions at all, please call the shop or shoot us an email.

I want to urge everyone on this site not to speculate about what we do. Just contact us and we will tell you! You can also set up a time to come visit the shop to try mouthpieces/horns and see it all for yourselves! Dave is always interested in one-on-one work with clients. Whether you are a professional or an amateur, young or old, world-famous or completely aloof from the trumpet world, he will take the day to work with you.

Our phone number is 503-255-5552

Our general communications email is STC@monette.net

BJ is our customer relations manager and mouthpiece consultant. He will answer questions concerning mouthpieces, mouthpiece orders, repair work, and visitor scheduling. His email is BJ@monette.net. It may take a few days for him to get back to you, since we get hundreds of inquiries each week, but he will always take the time to respond meaningfully to each and every email.

I hope this post helps to clarify a few of the topics covered in this thread. If it doesn't, please contact the shop. We're more than happy to help!

Also, we are in the midst of updating the website! It will reflect our current horn model list, mouthpiece information, horn owner FAQ's, etc. This has been a long time coming, and you will be able to see continuous changes to the site in the future. Check it out at Monette.net

Thank you for this. Now please answer my email that I sent through the website. I need a replacement to my old B6DS1!
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread cleaned up. Attacking other posters is against the UA, and much speculation about internal business economics is best debated in a business forum. Some posts deleted because they lost context.
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetJaguar wrote:
So as I was deliberating on this, I decided to take a look at AR Resonance, and ended up in a fairly lengthy and delightful email convo with Tony Rapacciuolo. He has something that compares to what I'm looking for, which is his VLB with 42L backbore. Long story short, it's on a DHL plane as we speak.

Monette was gracious enough to cancel my order the day after I created it.

Did you get the AR, yet?
GordonH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:
Thread cleaned up. Attacking other posters is against the UA, and much speculation about internal business economics is best debated in a business forum. Some posts deleted because they lost context.

You deleted my post which was about general business practices, not speculation about Monette.

I think my point is important: scaling up production requires money and expansion that not all businesses want. Some people want to run a smaller artisan business.
Cornet - Geneva Heritage, Conn 28A
Mouthpieces - Monette 1-5 rims and similar.

Licensed Radio Amateur - GM4SVM
HERMOKIWI
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:

I commented on this post. I said that it is NEVER appropriate to censor civil discussion in a public forum and that we expect more from the moderators. No one was attacking anyone in this thread. This was a civil discussion with differing viewpoints but there were no personal attacks.

Further, the topic was product delivery times. Economic principles and their impact on business practices are absolutely relevant to product delivery times and the discussions here were absolutely relevant to this specific topic.

Don Herman replied to my post saying there had been complaints. So what? Who controls this forum, the Moderators or a few dissenters?

Editing out legitimate and civil commentary was censorship and disrespectful conduct by the Moderators.

What makes my point even more valid is that the Moderators then edited out my comments exposing their censorship as well as Don Herman's response. Astonishing. Are the Moderators really that afraid of comments exposing their censorship of legitimate and civil discourse? The inappropriateness of censoring civil discussion in a public forum is obvious.

I'll say it again but this time I'll shout it out: WE EXPECT MORE FROM THE MODERATORS. We expect to be allowed to discuss the topics in a civil manner. We do not expect our posts, offered in good faith and in a civil manner, to be censored.
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only business. Critical posts are not good for business. So stay inside the boundaries of entertainment. Forget free speech or the benefits of 'der herrschaftsloser Diskurs'.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: