• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

When is the best time to do BE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riffdawg2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question -

Jeff recommends performing the BE exercies, I think, two or three times a day.

When do you do them? At the beginning, end, in the middle of your regular practice sessions - or totally by themselves?
barryj1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to do the BE excercises right from the outset then go directly to other musical material. Sometimes I prefer to break up a practice session by returning to the BE manual and playing various roll-in, roll-out, lip slurs, etc. as the spirit moves me.

The beauty of Jeff's approach is that you get the goodies (i.e. benefits) no matter how you schedule the BE material. Also, don't rush in and expect miracles over night. There often is a cumulative, somewhat delayed quality to progress which has been touched upon by other contributors to this forum. In short, it is less important when you do the BE method than that you incorporate it into your daily routine.

Barry

[ This Message was edited by: barryj1 on 2004-03-05 08:59 ]
riffdawg2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I guess I will just work it into one or two of my sessions per day. Taking it nice and easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: