• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wet or Dry

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiker97

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: A Lip Renew fan Reply with quote

I was wondering why no one had ever mentioned Robinson’s Remedies Lip Renew here until I saw how “old” the thread was...but Lip Renew really works for me, as it does help moisten the lips a little bit without drowning them. It also has Aloe Vera in it along with water, it’s definitely worth a try. As for wet or dry, warm weather or rooms I lean toward more wet but usually the feel of the mouthpiece is what I feel is the main benchmark for how much moisture I may need. I usually play a Bach 3C if that counts for anything towards this, but this principal idea I think would work on anything. Hope someone finds this useful.

Never Blistex for playing for sure. Too thick and sticky. Good for biking and skiing though.

When he is playing is another story
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the few things I avoid analyzing too much. I analyze a lot of things about playing the trumpet, but for me if I'm thinking about saliva levels that's just too much to keep track off in the course of a performance or practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: