• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BERP Valve Oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: BERP Valve Oil Reply with quote

On the advice of Flugelgirl I bought 8". According to her is leaves less residue than even synthetics. It is a nice aroma and is plant based. Viscosity is 2.2...a bit thicker than Blue Juice. Supposedly long lasting. So far I like it.

I have a dozen vintage horns that I play most say once a month or less. Hopefully I just pull them off the shelf and the valves should be good.

https://berp.com/product/biooil/
$24.41 including shipping for 8" . Reasonable.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: BERP Valve Oil Reply with quote

adc wrote:
On the advice of Flugelgirl I bought 8". According to her is leaves less residue than even synthetics. It is a nice aroma and is plant based. Viscosity is 2.2...a bit thicker than Blue Juice. Supposedly long lasting. So far I like it.

I have a dozen vintage horns that I play most say once a month or less. Hopefully I just pull them off the shelf and the valves should be good.

https://berp.com/product/biooil/

I would probably spring for the footlong since 8 inches isn't very long and I want an oil that lasts longer.

Seeing $24 for a bottle of valve oil make me double take, but after looking up other valve oils it appears that $3 and ounce is actually reasonable when compared against other valve oils.
cplt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started using Berp BioOil on all of my valves/fast slides, and it works great! Smells good too.

Only issue is that my ad blocker doesn't like berp.com -- anyone know what's up with that? I thought the site had disappeared, but if I turn off the ad blocker it's still up :)
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cplt wrote:
Only issue is that my ad blocker doesn't like berp.com -- anyone know what's up with that? I thought the site had disappeared, but if I turn off the ad blocker it's still up

Could be the initial popup that appears after loading berp.com. Something about newsletter signup.
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, my stash just arrived within the hour. Got the valve and the slide oil We'll see.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
adc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can go a week without reoiling. When I reoil I swab out the bore with a lens cleanercloth and wipe off the piston. 6 to 8 drops or so. I really like it!

Thank you Flugelgirl!!!
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: BERP Valve Oil Reply with quote

adc wrote:

One thing I like about it is that it comes in something larger than 2 oz. I ordered the 8oz size medium weight viscosity. I have 2 horns from the early '70s. The Schilke seems "OK" with Al Cass, but the Getzen occasionally hangs up. I'm assuming the medium weight is heavier than the Al Cass "Fast" oil. 🤔
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: BERP Valve Oil Reply with quote

adc wrote:

It does seem reasonable. I placed an order over a week ago and it still says "processing." Checking my credit card statement, I was charged that day. They don't state, at least that I could find, if your item is in stock or not. And they don't supply any status other than "processing." I guess I'm too used to Amazon-style service. 😢
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that with the virus, deliveries are inconsistent, but my BERP Oil came reasonably fast.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
I've found that with the virus, deliveries are inconsistent, but my BERP Oil came reasonably fast.

Agreed, but seems like at least stating the inventory status before ordering or some sort of status update after ordering would be nice.
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
seilogramp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received 8 oz of the #2 weight oil. Works great on my Getzen Eterna 900S, but just "OK" on my Schilke C1L. I guessed that the #2 was a little too viscous for the Schilke C1L valves, so I bought another bottle of #1 oil. That was the trick. I'm really impressed with this valve oil
1972 Getzen Eterna 900S
SchilkeQueen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: BERP Valve Oil Reply with quote

I just got a bottle of no. 1 and it works great on my Schilke horns. I ordered it from WWBW last Thursday and it came in the mail the other day.
wayben

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use BERP #1 on my Lawler and BERP #2 on my Calicchio. Very happy with. their performance.
Conn 40B Trumpet
Yamaha YTR-6310z Trumpet
Bach LR18037 Trumpet
Bach 184 Cornet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: