• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

adjusting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asian Man
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long does it take me to adjust to the BE embouchure from my normal, "natural" one? How long until it takes affect in my playing ability?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mcamilleri
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say, as it is different for everyone. If you have an embouchure problem that BE happens to solve quickly, then progress can be very rapid. If your embouchure was generally messed up in a whole lotta ways, like mine was, progress will likely be slower, as there are more bad habits and pyschological hangups to get rid of.

I would say the average player would start to notice minor improvements in normal playing after a few weeks, notice a real change in feel in their normal playing after a few months, and make a 'transition' to a significantly more 'balanced embouchure' in from 6 months to 1 year, with little or no disruption or 'down-time' from normal playing. This is still only the beginning, and great improvements will still be made after this time.

I have made more progress in the last 2 years on BE than I made in the previous 10 years.

Michael
barryj1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience is essential when approaching the BE. I saw no appreciable improvements in my playing for several months. The changes to the embouchure are frequently so subtle and gradual that you may be totally unaware anything has changed until one day you reach for the horn and notice how much better your playing sound.

This is another way of stating that the process is gradual/cumulative. There may be no
sudden, miraculous breakthrough but, rather, a series of incremental adjustments (i.e. the tone is noticeably denser & richer, notes slot better, the extreme upper register emerges with minimal effort, etc.). It’s no big deal. You practice the roll in/roll out patterns, follow Jeff’s directions and the rest takes care of itself.

Good luck!

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: