• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork Vacchiano

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleehrat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Stork Vacchiano Reply with quote

I’m currently playing a Bach 1 1/4c and looking to try a narrower rim for flexibility. These seem like a step in the right direction. Your experiences, insights are much appreciated!
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... to me the rim shape is equally, if not more related to flexibility than rim width.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1-1/4C is pretty rounded, and not wide by any means. I can’t imagine you’re going to gain any appreciable flexibility going with another rim. But Storks aren’t really all that expensive, so you might as well give them a shot.
walldaja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to look at Stork's Studio Masters as well. Used the Vac 1.5B for some time and recently tried an XM series. I tried an XM 2 and an XM 4. The 2 is the same size as the Vac 1.5B but about 1/4" shorter. Did all the Vac did but easier. Sent the XM 4 back. Mouthpiece Express let's you try for 15 days.

Sonare TRC-800, Dennis Wick 1.5C
Blessing Standard, Denis Wick 1.5C
Accent TR959 CDB C tpt Stork XM2 Studio Mstr
Jupiter 846S Flug Schilke 18F
Shires Q30GR T-bone 5 / 4 CL
Yamaha YBL-421G T-bone 2 CL
Jean Baptist Euphonium Stork 4
DOEL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Stork Vacchiano is an excellent choice. The rims vary but the Vacchiano 4/Studio Master 6 rim I use has a relatively sharp bite and medium-wide rim that slopes outward and it's perfect for me.

Seriously, for classical style playing, the Vacchiano line has an unbeatable sound. The richness of a Bach with the ability of a GR.
23 Eb/D Thomann ETR-3300S silver - Stork 4D+25C
Bethmike
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Stork Vacchiano Reply with quote

I have a Stork Vacchiano on a Bach 37 with a Melk MTV525 leadpipe. Produces a wonderful sound! Even with me playing.
Yamaha 631 Flugel
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the Storks and talk to them. They are good people and will steer you in the right direction. Usually, they will mail out a few mouthpieces for you to try and send back once you are done choosing.

Pete
GO108

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: My positive experience with the Storks Reply with quote

I definitely recommend calling the Storks and speaking with Phyllis about any mouthpiece or playing issues you might experience. For someone who can keep an open mind I feel there is a great deal to learn and benefit from when considering her ideas of how physical characteristics can inform your choice of mouthpiece(s).
Personally, I benefited a great deal from Phyllis' insight and equipment recommendations to me. Some folks may not need this type of assistance but for those who are not already playing a setup that fits their physical makeup to some degree, her knowledge could make all the difference in the world. There is no substitute for proper playing/embouchure technique however in my personal experience, sometimes playing a mouthpiece that is appropriate for you can help you create your own solid embouchure.
I comfortably play a Stork 1.5 diameter rim (17.75 ID) which is very large however the resistance is balanced with a shallower cup, tight throat and tighter backbore. Most players would not thrive on such a setup but for me, everything began to come together when I settled on this style mouthpiece. The rim allowed my chops to relax and it was the first time I tried a large ID mouthpiece that was not open everywhere - just open in the ID.
If you are struggling, perhaps this knowledge could be a piece of your puzzle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: