• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mute for flugelhorn

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicetp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

Hi

Does anybody uses a mute for Flugelhorn ?
I play in a brass project and we are looking for ' sounds ' and I was considering buying some mutes for my flugel.
Any advice ?

Thanks

JiCe
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several, like the JoRal Bubble mute.

Be sure to check out the new bucket mute for flugal made by EZBucket.

www.theeazybucket.com/

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146154&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
JazzFluegel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally you will find that your flugel will go extremely sharp with any but a straight mute or cup mute, if you can find one that fits; e/g the Stonelined cup mute does not fit the Kanstul 1525.
NOW, Keith Allen Pintar
Marcinkiewicz Rembrandt Cornet
Kanstul 1525 FL
1962 Conn 9A Artist Coprion
1948 Conn NY Symphony 12B Coprion
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

The Easy Bucket website is terrible! Their old site used to give specs on bell dimeter sizes, etc. No such mention on the new site...at least that I can find! Regarding the new flugel mute...flugels have so many different bell diameters it would certainly help alot to know what size their flugel bucket fits.

Butch
TRUMPE: SCHILKE B7 / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "RT1" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
The Easy Bucket website is terrible! Their old site used to give specs on bell dimeter sizes, etc. No such mention on the new site...at least that I can find! Regarding the new flugel mute...flugels have so many different bell diameters it would certainly help alot to know what size their flugel bucket fits.

Butch

Have you contacted them and asked?

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146154&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

Quote:

No as I'm not interested in purchasing one. I took a look at the current site and noticed that, compared to their old site, it seems much less informative.

Butch
TRUMPE: SCHILKE B7 / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "RT1" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
nltrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumcor makes flugel mutes. They make them in a smaller and larger size to fit different bells.
popTbop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by popTbop on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
Quote:

No as I'm not interested in purchasing one. I took a look at the current site and noticed that, compared to their old site, it seems much less informative.

Butch

So...no actual personal knowledge or experience with the product? And your opinion is based purely on the barebones website.

No consideration that this might be a very small (it is) and possibly family-run operation (it is) with only a few offered products (also true) and perhaps the limited information on their website suffices for others (kinda obvious) and that the expense of creating and maintaining a more flashy website more to your liking might possibly cause an unnecessary increase in product prices (can't say for sure but I'd bet there are some true facts in that last sentence segment).

Thank you for your considered and muchly informed opinion on the EZ Bucket products.

LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read maynard's comment as criticism, but as pointing out that the size information that was on a previous version of the website is no longer available and that the information is really helpful in deciding what will work with one's horn.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
I didn't read maynard's comment as criticism, but as pointing out that the size information that was on a previous version of the website is no longer available and that the information is really helpful in deciding what will work with one's horn.

It's there.

As far as I know, it always has been.

"Select size" - can't be much more plain.

https://www.theeazybucket.com/new-products/r5vvwc5i13g5wer7uzvaanvqzwdd56

Same with contact, in case you didn't see what you wanted to see or find out information that may or may not be on the web site.

https://www.theeazybucket.com/contact-us

The "bare bones" nature of the web site, IMO, makes it much more easy to navigate than many others that have bunches of bells & whistles.

Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Butch.

Tim, I just wrote to them to ask about my Kanstul 1525 flugel, since they offer one flugelhorn Eazy Bucket mute and do not specify the size.

I bought an Eazy Bucket mute for my trumpet before the holidays last year, and I love it. It truly is fast to put on and take off, the intonation surprisingly does not suffer, and it allows me to play with a group of woodwind players. I do see the Size pull-down for trumpet, and if I recall correctly, that was not there with exact diameter info before; it said something like 'normal' and 'large' or some such. But now, it's very clear for trumpet.

I do hope they can make one to fit the Kanstul 1525 flugel. The bell diameter is 6 1/2", and the copper bell means it can dent if you look at it wrong, so I don't want a mute with clips too small that would stress it.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trpthrld wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

It's there.

As far as I know, it always has been.

"Select size" - can't be much more plain.

https://www.theeazybucket.com/new-products/r5vvwc5i13g5wer7uzvaanvqzwdd56

Same with contact, in case you didn't see what you wanted to see or find out information that may or may not be on the web site.

https://www.theeazybucket.com/contact-us

The "bare bones" nature of the web site, IMO, makes it much more easy to navigate than many others that have bunches of bells & whistles.

I actually like the website. It is indeed easy to read and navigate.

That said, the flugelhorn mute does not have a size. Perhaps since the OP was specifically inquiring about the flugelhorn mute he didn't see other mutes had the size?

https://www.theeazybucket.com/new-products-3/flugelhorn-mute

Peace, not my place to get involved between you guys.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
That said, the flugelhorn mute does not have a size. Perhaps since the OP was specifically inquiring about the flugelhorn mute he didn't see other mutes had the size?

https://www.theeazybucket.com/new-products-3/flugelhorn-mute

And that would be where one would opt for clicking on "contact" and inquire.

My experience with EZ Buckets - which has been from the very beginning with my involvement with research, development and testing - is that it truly is a family-run operation working out of their home and that they are very good with contact requests and inquiries.

Whether they make one for a Kanstul 6.5" flugel or not, I personally do not know. But if you ask I'm sure you will get a reply in short order.

Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Yes, they will make one in the size I need, and I'm ordering. Just write to them using the Contact on their website.
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: mute for flugelhorn Reply with quote

TIM WENDT

Quote:
So...no actual personal knowledge or experience with the product? And your opinion is based purely on the barebones website.

Quote:
Thank you for your considered and muchly informed opinion on the EZ Bucket products.

Not sure if ur having a bad day or what but I don't know why ur getting ur panties in a wad over my simple, no criticism-intended post. I just stated what I observed regarding their new site vs. the old one. If I missed the "plain as day drop down box" I apologize...shoot me for it.

As for "no experience with the company"? Yes...I do actually. I purchased 2 different sized bucket mutes to accommodate different bell sizes on my horns. Dealing with the owner was a very pleasurable experience and he was VERY helpful in pointing me in the correct direction as which to purchase.

With ur condescending posts that were obviously aimed at me for some reason just magnifies the ONE thing that, IMO, taints forums like TH. Some people, such as you, seem to lie in wait just to take ur anger out on someone for posting their opinion on a current topic. It's to bad that certain people spoil this experience foe others as I really enjoy reading different topics on here and interacting with mostly nice people. Yes...I know who you are and, personally, I could care less. Once someone thinks they're better than someone else and starts to throw their weight around trying to bully/intimidate people then enough is enough.

So move on and pick on someone else today...you hear?

Butch
Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they will consider adding a pull-down for flugelhorn bell size (even if it has only Huge and Normal), or even better, do it as they improved the pull-down info for specific trumpet bell sizes.

I concur they are great to work with, and they responded immediately.

It's a great product and I hope others will benefit from this discussion.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Matt - thanks for letting us know.

It's a shame trumpet herald doesn't have a BLOCK option with members like face book has. Oh well...guess ya can't have everything...ya hear?

Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Tim, but it was your idea!

I know the one person and he's a good guy. His point was correct, that the website could be a bit better at providing info and if it were, I would have been able to order easier. I think you can safely let this one blow by.
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mute for flugelhorn kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: