• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

teachers in missouri?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mononoke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I will be flying over to the US in mid February to Southeast Missouri State University for a short visit.
Meanwhile as i am in the US, I am thinking of getting good teachers to teach and instruct me on trumpet. Are there any good choices or recommendations?
By the way, I should state that i dont actually know where Missouri is in relation to other states, so maybe you can help me here. Thank you very much!
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missouri's pretty much smack dead center in the midwest, between IL and KS, and Iowa and Arkansas.

Susan Slaughter and Jim Manley are both in the St. Louis area, a bit north of SEMS. Seems like I recall that there was a good teacher or two around Springfield, so hopefully somebody else will chime in.

HTH - Don (ex-MO boy)
Coltssop01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tijuana Julian is at Drury University in Springfield. Also, I hear that at least one of the trumpet professors at Southwest MO State is quite excellent. Other than that I've been gone from Springfield so long I don't know anymore.

You might also look up the trumpet professors at all the University of Missouri system schools (Columbia, Kansas City, St. Louis and Rolla) and Truman State. At Rolla, you'll have to look up the band director.

That's all I know.
mfbolton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Grant Peters at Southwest Missouri State in Springfield is a fine teacher. Dr. Keith Benjamin at University of Missouri-Kansas City is the best teacher I have ever worked with. Bob Cecharini (not sure of the spelling) in St. Louis is also a phenomenol instructor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: