• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Segemented time off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero of the Day

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am thinking about taking some time off, only a few days however I am in a few ensembles and would have to play in them at least once a day. I was wondering if I just played what I had to but then didnt practice or play other wise for say a week, would that equate to about 3 days off? Or does time off not really count unless you don't touch the horn at all. Thanks
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play every day, but occasionally take a "random" day off just to let the chops rest - usually one day a month or so. For what you are describing you will probably not lose anything if you do one additional thing besides your ensemble playing. That is go through your standard warm up prior to your ensemble playing. At the end do a very brief warm down to make sure your fundamentals (embouchere/air) are working properly and then put the horn away until the next day. I don't think you'll suffer a bit.

If you have any demanding gigs right after your reduced playing time, work up to it as gradually as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: