• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I need help identifying this instrument!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cjs022

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: I need help identifying this instrument!!! Reply with quote

So I bought a horn at an estate sale. I know absolutely nothing about horns so I wondering if there is anyway anyone could help me out by tellling me any info on it and if it is valuable. So far I think it’s a Buescher. It has 262 on it so the only thing I could find was that maybe it is a #262 Aristocrat model but again i have no clue. Anyways here are some pictures of it and again any help will be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!

Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help.

http://www.buescherloyalist.com/tmodels.html

Nice to see a thread asking about a known instrument by a known maker.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horn-u-copia has a picture (select "Instrument: Cornet, Manufacturer: Buescher" on the image catalog search page "Search by Maker and Instrument" filter):

https://www.horn-u-copia.net/catalog.shtml

The model 262 is the fifth one down; you can click on the picture to enlarge it. It looks pretty much like yours.

Also, the Horn-u-copia library page has a copy of the 1935 Buescher catalog which includes a little marketing info about the 262 (use the 'down' arrow or overtype the 'current page' box to go to page 23):

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AE10lCbL0BEnzLk&cid=C7925658DE060B85&id=C7925658DE060B85%2181632&parId=C7925658DE060B85%2179416&o=OneUp

The Buescher brass instruments from that era were pretty much pro-quality horns, so some folks might find your horn desirable. Our resident Buescher expert VetPsychWars might have some thoughts about monetary value.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Cjs022

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: