• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Zeus: How Are They?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tradjazzman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This response comes after reading over 4 pages about this. GEEEZZ. Some of it was quite entertaining. (haha). As far as Zeus trumpets? I never tried one. and to be honest I doubt I ever will try one. How old are you Zeus man to claim you played 100's of Bach's? That statement kind of floored me.

I have bought and played many trumpets over the years. Did it kind of like a hobby, and kind of out of wanting to just find out first hand what I thought. I've been playing the trumpet since 1966 , so I'm no beginner. And I WILL NOT put a resume out of my performances , what I play, or where I play to you , .............because I do not have to. I get enough gigs to make me happy & do not need to list my musical acomplishments to voice an opinion here. Everyone can have an opinion and they don't need to be the best player in the world to voice it. Besides........I have found out that MOST that THINK they are the best players, best looking, etc, etc........... are NOT. The real good players do not need to brag about themselves. Most I found are very humble about themselves, and about what they play.

As far as what horn plays best? Come on it's all a matter of choice, and opinion. It's just like picking out a new car. Try a few and buy the one you like. We all will not like the same stuff. If we did ........... the world would be dull. We'd all wear the same cloths, and play the exact same horns too. For the record, I've do not play a BACH right now. I play an old Paris Selmer . A 24B , and a 19A & I do not claim they are the best horns in the world. I just happen to like them for what I play.

I have played some GREAT Bach's over the years though. Also played other pro models that played nice. It's all a matter of choice.

CHOICE IS "COOL".
Zeusfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good response. Keep up the hard work.

Also I have played over 100 Bachs because I used to work for a Bach dealer, my father is a band director, and I teach trumpet lessons. With all those combined, I have played well over 100 Bachs and have yet to find one to fit me. Bach was not made for me. But, if someone chooses Bach over Zeus, then that is fantastic. I have no problem sitting next to a player that plays Bach horns. As a matter of fact, I sit next to them all the time, but they are always below me in the section (sorry, I couldn't resist). Play what you are comfortable with. Don't ever leave your comfort zone in search for something better. I am sure glad Columbus didn't.

Zeus Olympus
Zeus Guarnerius Bb
Zeus Guarnerius C
2 antique Bach 37's that sit at the house

"If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you didn't do jack today"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: