• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul 1500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but have been checking out posts recently and thought I'd get on board. I've been in trumpet buying mode for what seems like years now (okay, maybe just a month or two), and just ordered a new Kanstul 1500. I'm already dying to get this horn, and I ordered it about 20 seconds ago (could be a long wait). By the way, I tried out quite a few great horns along the way (Xeno, Yamaha Bobby Shew, Bach 180/37 w/sterling silver bell, Kanstul 1600 WB/1500, Shilke B5). I loved the sound of the 1500 with the bronze bell (versus copper). Anyone is welcome to throw their two cents in (or more if you like), but I'll give a bit more detail on what I think when I've had a chance to play it for a while.

[ This Message was edited by: jman on 2004-04-02 13:56 ]
rebelatheart
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you order the 1500A, or did you special order the 1500 with a bronze bell? Just curious, I've heard mixed opinions about copper bells (some love them, some don't), but the bronze bell has always sounded intriguing to me, too.
jman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did you order the 1500A, or did you special order the 1500 with a bronze bell? Just curious, I've heard mixed opinions about copper bells (some love them, some don't), but the bronze bell has always sounded intriguing to me, too. "

Good question. I looked at the 1500A, but wasn't interested in the additional horn atrributes, so I special ordered the 1500 with the bronze bell. The resonance was quite different, and I did get a little brighter tone with the bronze bell (though still quite dark on the whole). Overall it was a shade lighter setup that suited me more. The copper bell I tried was also silver plated, so that may have had more of an impact than anything.

-jc
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1500 with the copper bell and it is the best playing trumpet that I have ever played. It is very responsive with a nice tone and blends well with our section.

Mike
jblo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I got a chance to play a 1500 with the bronze bell a few months ago a PiCK Music. I liked it, but it wasn't for me. I actually liked the copper bell one a bit more - the bronze had an almost "ringing" quality to the sound and it was a bit brighter than the copper. Still a very nice horn. Enjoy!

Bb - CarolBrass CTR-5205L-YLT-P
Cornet - CarolBrass CCR-6880-YLS-P
C - CarolBrass CTR-6262H-YSS-P-C
Flug - CarolBrass CFL-6200-RSS-L
Picc - CarolBrass CPC-7735F-YLS-P
jman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! I'll get some feedback on the forum when I get the horn (unfortunately that'll be an unpalatable 6 weeks from now). I did order it through PiCK music though. Great service so far!
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jman,

Good luck! You are in great hands with Pick Music. Priscilla, who posts in the TH forum on occassion is a joy to work with. I have bought mouthpieces from her. If I didn't have a long term friendship with a store down here I would have bought my 1500 from her.

I know several people that have bought horns from them and I have never heard anything but positive feedback. So, you will be pleased with the horn and the service.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: