• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Just got my BE book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpet_Mom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the BE book yesterday and I'm already hitting the double pedals tones. I didn't even know the trumpet went that low. This is going to be fun!
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandra,

I've seen your posts around the TH. You are becoming quite expert on the different horn manufacturers.

Glad that you finally made it over here!

The BE exercises are simple, but not necessarily easy. Still, I hope that most players will find them fun. Enjoy what you can do, and work on what you can't. Stay patient, which is not always easy for a trumpeter.

Pedals tend to change over time. Your initial focus, which is adequite for now, will increase significantly.

Again, welcome!

Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: trumpetteacher1 on 2004-04-07 09:29 ]
Trumpet_Mom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the roll-out to be easy. The roll-in is another story. I was practicing the clamped mouth while driving to work this morning. I hope the other drivers didn't notice my funny looking face. Last night, using the clamped mouth, I did easily hit a G above staff, then on the next few tries I went even higher. (Not sure where though, but it was high.) The interesting part it that there isn't a lot of effort - I didn't feel like I was straining in any way. It was short-lived, but inspiring. I'm looking forward to working with your book. I know I'll only get better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: