• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

GR vs Stork

View previous topic :: View next topic  

GR vs Stork
GR
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Stork
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Will N🎺

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: GR vs Stork Reply with quote

Hi, I just recently came back from a GR consultation and ended up with a 66MX. Over the entire range of the horn it feels great. Before I went to GR, I also scheduled a Stork consultation to keep my options open and see which feels better. Does anyone have experience with both and have any advice on what to look for in a Stork compared to a GR?
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GR and Storks are very different from each other so it should be easy to choose whatever your preference might be. First, GRs tend to emphasize the higher overtones. Storks do the opposite. GR=brighter sound. Stork= more rounded sound. The Vacchiano series have thin, rounded rims. The GRs have more bite, and aren't as rounded. Try both. Why do these brands interest you? What about Bach and Yamaha? I abstain from voting since I don't care for either brand.
hose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "collected" several sizes of both GR and Stork (as well as many other brands). I've mostly used GR for several years. When I do stray to something else it might last 10 days or less. Inevitably I return to GR. At first the GRs sound somewhat "thin or brittle". But, in a day or so the GR sound turns to broad and gutsy. GRs work for me.

Picketts
Yamaha 6335RC
Yamaha 8335RS
Lawler Flugel
Kanstul cornet
hose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "collected" several sizes of both GR and Stork (as well as many other brands). I've mostly used GR for several years. When I do stray to something else it might last 10 days or less. Inevitably I return to GR. At first the GRs sound somewhat "thin or brittle". But, in a day or so the GR sound turns to broad and gutsy. GRs work for me.

Picketts
Yamaha 6335RC
Yamaha 8335RS
Lawler Flugel
Kanstul cornet
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to know is to get in touch with Stork and try what they recommend for you (based on your input). Compare it with your GR mouthpiece and see which set up works best for you.

Stork's flugelhorn mouthpieces work great for me, but I didn't find a Stork trumpet mouthpiece I liked better than my Pickett. I thought GR had some fine trumpet mouthpieces as well, but again, nothing I liked better than my Pickett.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: