• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Trumpets, NY, Mt vernon or Ealry Elkart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJrB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject: Bach Trumpets, NY, Mt vernon or Ealry Elkart Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
this is my first post here: Here's aquestion for my fellow trumpet players. Which trumpet is the best in terms of playing sensations and sound and why?

I'm a trumpet player that also happens to be a repair technician. I was looking for a banged up (or good exemple)* mt vernon that someone is tired of keeping, thinking they would get it fixed at some point and never did. I'm in the Montreal Qc region, would be happy to talk!
*If a forgetten Mt Vernon still exist, that is! 😛

1970 Bach 72*
1979 Bch 37*
1927 Conn 22b
1931 Frank Holton Custom Revelation Classic Bell with the 1 Bore from the Revelation Don Berry
Conn 22b 1927
Bach 37* 1979
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefer Early Elkharts to late Mt. Vernons. They're essentially built to the same specs, and the difference in price gives the elkhart horns a much better comparative value. Early NY horns from the 20's and 30's are undoubtedly the most beautiful, and some of the best sounding to my ears, but be prepared for a project if you buy a horn with 90 years of wear on it. Most of the magic of the Mt. Vernon and NY horns is the lightweight bell on a standard weight body, which Bach seems to be going back to with their latest releases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: