• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

found the trick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flugle-me-elmo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was having a lot of trouble with my roll-in (it was behaving too much like my regular embouchure). Then, a few days ago on this forum I was reading a thread about trouble with the lip clamp, and someone's suggestion was to first make a full "fish-mouth" pucker and then basically roll in the lips from that position. I tried this as my roll-in, and wow, what a difference! I think before I was just using compression and not a real roll-in or something because it felt more like a smile. Now, I think I've got it figured out with new notes that are clearer and more precise. I now need to restart on gaining presence and slurring down to the regular register, but for those having trouble with the roll-in, perhaps take that person's advice (I have forgotten the poster) and try the fishmouth first, then roll-in and keep the corners more or less the same.
Just thought I'd share my "ah-ha!" moment with the gang...back to the practice room!

Chris
jarrelainen
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that is the way it works for me, You were propably reading the posts by Bert and me.
Topic "roll out is as important as roll-in".

That is the way I get the sound very close to how it sounds on the CD.

/JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: