• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pleasant Surprise: Thebrassclub.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all new to me but there are some very obvious "tells" in the posts by the OP and Flueskum that they are connected to the company and not buyers. Interesting.
Flueskum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poketrum wrote:
Flueskum wrote:
As someone in Finland, it's been tough to source quality brass or accessories. But, Thebrassclub.com has been a game-changer for me and few colleagues.

Their selection is impressive, and the convenience of getting items delivered to my door is unmatched. The communication with their team has also been top-notch, responsive, and helpful. Many others stores in N-America who don't ship to my address but have everything in stock (!)

Dropshipping skeptics should consider its environmental benefits—less transit and storage, hence a lower carbon footprint. Plus, receiving an instrument that's fresh from the maker and made with care is truly special.

In our evolving market, innovative models like dropshipping bring valuable options for us in remote locations. It's about accessibility and connecting passionate players with the right instruments, sustainably.

Best,

What a load of nonsense.

Yes ?
Danbassin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flueskum wrote:
poketrum wrote:
Flueskum wrote:
As someone in Finland, it's been tough to source quality brass or accessories. But, Thebrassclub.com has been a game-changer for me and few colleagues.

Their selection is impressive, and the convenience of getting items delivered to my door is unmatched. The communication with their team has also been top-notch, responsive, and helpful. Many others stores in N-America who don't ship to my address but have everything in stock (!)

Dropshipping skeptics should consider its environmental benefits—less transit and storage, hence a lower carbon footprint. Plus, receiving an instrument that's fresh from the maker and made with care is truly special.

In our evolving market, innovative models like dropshipping bring valuable options for us in remote locations. It's about accessibility and connecting passionate players with the right instruments, sustainably.

Best,

What a load of nonsense.

Yes ?

There is a healthy skepticism on this forum regarding this enterprise as well as the cookie cutter glowing reviews posted by ‘individuals’ very new to TH - ie, their only contributions to the site appear to be BC (unpaid?) endorsements. I’ll be frank and say that when I saw your contributions to this thread, I immediately checked your profile and past posts - we can see that you’re a real person who really plays trumpet and is genuinely curious about same.

This can be an opportunity for you to share (if you have the time and would like to) a more detailed and specific review of your experience(s) with this company. As you can see from the OP on this particular thread, a brand new topic was introduced on Trumpet Herald to talk about a remarkable experience by this ‘individual’ who had no previous contributions to the forums outside of this spectacular, positive review of BC.

The rest of the comments stem from an anaphylaxis members of this virtual community have developed after seeing a drop ship private company essentially SPAMming TH with questionable ‘reviews’ and ‘testimonials’ while also flooding the otherwise carefully protected Marketplace on this forum with ads for absolutely wonderful gear that aren’t actually stocked by this drop ship seller. On a personal level, as a professional and educator who has sold secondhand gear through the Marketplace, I, for one, am incredibly uncomfortable with ads in the Marketplace that don’t represent actual sellers who actually possess the articles they are representing as for sale.

Now, with your experiences having more limited access to shops, sellers and resellers, I understand that a drop-ship business model can give you convenient access to what otherwise would take several internet search inquiries as well as initiating sales through a variety of manufacturers, some of whom normally only sell through dealers, - whether Brass Club occupies such a position remains for now a mystery to me - which can understandably be a hassle. So, if you’d like, please tell us in detail about your experiences. If you’ve previously dealt with large international dealers that do stock products - for example, Thomann - how is BC different and why do you prefer them?

Happy practicing, and happy clicking!
-DB
Monette - CORNETTE/PranaXLT-STC Bb/MC-35/Raja A Piccolo;
Kromat C-Piccolo; Thein G-Piccolo; Various antique horns
MPCs - Monette Unity 1-7D and DM4LD
Danbassin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goby wrote:
kehaulani wrote:
what's wrong with an enterprising person buying and reselling goods and services? Don't those of us who buy and resell horns do the same thing?

There's nothing wrong with buying and selling goods, the issue is selling goods that you do not own. It's not illegal to operate a drop shipping business, just parasitic.

It's worth mentioning that posting fake reviews is illegal under US Code Title 15 § 45. You can report instances of fake reviews on 3rd party sites here: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

It's a shame to see TrumpetHerald accepting sponsorship payment from this seller despite the blatant use of this platform to post fake reviews and spam. The conflict of interest should be clear to the administrators of this site, and I would hope that they drop this sponsor from their platform.

Dear Regular Users of TH as well as Moderators,

I’d be very interested to know whether some of us have pursued this avenue regarding our concerns over the legitimacy of the number of BC threads on this site.

TH Moderators, there is a concerning lack of transparency regarding these threads, these ads, and this company. As a longtime member of these forums, who has stuck through many ups and downs, I am very concerned about how FTC reporting could impact TH. Clarity about the relationship between BC and TH, including publicly-searchable policies regarding SPAM accounts, bot contributions to threads, etc. would be timely. I know there has been Moderator intervention at several times when what seemed like Brass Club marketing posing as legitimate thread creation and topic contribution grew dozens of concerned, even accusatory responses. Failure to properly police illegitimate ads masquerading as grassroots forum contributions can put this community at risk.

For all interested in further reading about the issues at hand: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/45

Sincerely,
-Daniel Bassin
Monette - CORNETTE/PranaXLT-STC Bb/MC-35/Raja A Piccolo;
Kromat C-Piccolo; Thein G-Piccolo; Various antique horns
MPCs - Monette Unity 1-7D and DM4LD
stuartissimo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danbassin wrote:
I’ll be frank and say that when I saw your contributions to this thread, I immediately checked your profile and past posts - we can see that you’re a real person who really plays trumpet and is genuinely curious about same.

There’s a 5 year gap in Flueskum‘s posting history, and all posts since are supportive of this company. With the modern web being what it is, that still warrants some skepticism (the account could be borrowed, alt, hacked to name but a few possibilities).
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TH owner(s) allow shill marketing in the forum, marketplace spam and ‘friends and family.’ They also fail to respond to complaints about the use of blatantly offensive (racist, sexist) language.

I conclude that TH has outlived its usefulness.
btomcik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love TH and hope it never goes away ever. Amen.
XO 1700 Bb/A picc
"Hit it hard, and wish it well." - CG
Flueskum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danbassin wrote:
Flueskum wrote:
poketrum wrote:
Flueskum wrote:

Best,

What a load of nonsense.

Yes ?

There is a healthy skepticism on this forum regarding this enterprise as well as the cookie cutter glowing reviews posted by ‘individuals’ very new to TH - ie, their only contributions to the site appear to be BC (unpaid?) endorsements. I’ll be frank and say that when I saw your contributions to this thread, I immediately checked your profile and past posts - we can see that you’re a real person who really plays trumpet and is genuinely curious about same.

This can be an opportunity for you to share (if you have the time and would like to) a more detailed and specific review of your experience(s) with this company. As you can see from the OP on this particular thread, a brand new topic was introduced on Trumpet Herald to talk about a remarkable experience by this ‘individual’ who had no previous contributions to the forums outside of this spectacular, positive review of BC.

The rest of the comments stem from an anaphylaxis members of this virtual community have developed after seeing a drop ship private company essentially SPAMming TH with questionable ‘reviews’ and ‘testimonials’ while also flooding the otherwise carefully protected Marketplace on this forum with ads for absolutely wonderful gear that aren’t actually stocked by this drop ship seller. On a personal level, as a professional and educator who has sold secondhand gear through the Marketplace, I, for one, am incredibly uncomfortable with ads in the Marketplace that don’t represent actual sellers who actually possess the articles they are representing as for sale.

Now, with your experiences having more limited access to shops, sellers and resellers, I understand that a drop-ship business model can give you convenient access to what otherwise would take several internet search inquiries as well as initiating sales through a variety of manufacturers, some of whom normally only sell through dealers, - whether Brass Club occupies such a position remains for now a mystery to me - which can understandably be a hassle. So, if you’d like, please tell us in detail about your experiences. If you’ve previously dealt with large international dealers that do stock products - for example, Thomann - how is BC different and why do you prefer them?

Happy practicing, and happy clicking!
-DB

Dear DB and the Trumpet Herald community,

Amidst my glowing experiences with Brass Club, I find the broader social media attacks on this enterprise quite perplexing. It's intriguing to observe the resistance to a business model that is striving to innovate within our community. It's unfortunate to hear that BC's attempts to engage publicly were met with such hostility, to the point where comments and posts were removed.

I felt compelled to make this comment to share my perspective. I've noticed a trend where new approaches in our industry, like those adopted by BC, are met with skepticism and outright negativity, which can stifle growth and innovation. My intent here is not to stir controversy but to present an honest counter-narrative based on my personal satisfaction with their service.

If my support for BC incites backlash, such as being hacked, emailed, or threatened, then it only highlights the need for open-mindedness and civil discourse in our community. It's crucial that we evaluate businesses like BC on fair ground, considering both their potential and their service track record as I've experienced it.

Let us not forget that at the core of our discussions is a shared passion for music and the instruments that bring it to life. Whether we shop from long-established retailers or give newer companies a chance, our ultimate goal is the enrichment of our craft and the broadening of our resources.

I look forward to continuing my patronage with Brass Club and I invite others to consider the possibility that there may be more to the story than what the prevailing sentiment suggests.
Flueskum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poketrum wrote:
The TH owner(s) allow shill marketing in the forum, marketplace spam and ‘friends and family.’ They also fail to respond to complaints about the use of blatantly offensive (racist, sexist) language.

I conclude that TH has outlived its usefulness.

Your comments, albeit insightful, inadvertently paint you as a contributor to the very dilemma we're scrutinizing
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flukeskum: I think the major reason you are getting somewhat robust replies is that your post are „glowing but extremely unspecific“. If I buy a new instrument I mostly write about the instrument and not about the seller. In your case we don’t even know what horn you bought. It’s just a very unspecific love song to a supplier and I, too, find that a little irritating.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
Ronnman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flueskum - Help us out here in the TH community. What brand and model horn did you acquire? What attributes of the horn do you like/dislike? To prove your point, how about posting some pics of the horn and maybe a video of you playing the horn.
Ron
Martin Committee #2 1954
Leblanc “Al Hirt” Model 1966
Olds Custom Crafted Ultra Sonic 1974
Edwards Gen II 2014
Flueskum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brassnose wrote:
Flukeskum: I think the major reason you are getting somewhat robust replies is that your post are „glowing but extremely unspecific“. If I buy a new instrument I mostly write about the instrument and not about the seller. In your case we don’t even know what horn you bought. It’s just a very unspecific love song to a supplier and I, too, find that a little irritating.

I appreciate the dialogue and your points, but my posts have intentionally focused on the service rather than the specific instruments. Living remotely with an interest in niche markets like rotary trumpets, my attempts to contact various makers directly were unsuccessful. In stark contrast, the brass club’s customer service has been exceptionally responsive, and crucially, they deliver to my area, where others don’t. The service they provide is a lifeline that brings music and joy to places once out of reach. The positivity I’ve tried to share stems from their exceptional reach and reliability, which I feel is a game-changer and deserves recognition. I find it disheartening when such genuine endorsements are met with skepticism, particularly when a business is truly impacting lives positively. This brass club has done great things for many, including myself, by not just selling instruments but by connecting people to culture and craft regardless of their location. With this, I choose to step away from this matter, extending my gratitude and cheers to those at the brass club who are making a meaningful difference. May their service continue to flourish and reach those who need it the most
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These posts are certainly generative AI.
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, sure looks like it. Pretty impressive what’s possible today, isn’t it.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
stuartissimo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flueskum wrote:
Living remotely with an interest in niche markets like rotary trumpets

What about Thomann though? They have a site in Suomi AND a large selection of rotary trumpets (including all the brands offered by Brassclub) They have existed for years before Brassclub even started. And they are cheaper too (for example, the Oberrauch Firenze is 400 euros cheaper on Thomann at the time of writing this post).
1939 Buescher 280 flugelhorn
AR Resonance mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: