• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Peeters Sonata slow moment (Aria)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt2honk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject: Peeters Sonata slow moment (Aria) Reply with quote

In a previous life the Peeters aria had 8 measures rest while organ repeated the first 8 bars of the beautiful melody. Bought a new copy of the piece and the 8 bars rest have been eliminated. Is Peeters still alive to have made the change or at least authorized it? Who's playing with his slow movement?
DH
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this movement was originally written for organ solo, but it's been a long time since I've heard the original.....
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention the Sonata and then the Aria. If memory serves me correctly, the second movement of the Sonata proved to be popular enough that Peeters arranged standalone versions titled Aria. So, if you are comparing the second movement of the Sonata with the standalone Aria you may notice some differences. If you have two editions of the Sonata, with differences in the second movement, that is another matter....
Marilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

I believe this movement was originally composed for organ solo, although it's been a long time since I've heard the original. run 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: